Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
8/22 AZ @ SF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> GameDay Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dangerfield
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

season's toast w/o webb. and i have a real bad feeling about this.[/quote]

Why have the shift, when Webb's pitching? I liked the the natural movement Webb had tonight, and thought the strike zone at times was tight, which allowed guys to get into hitter counts. Combine that,with the shift, and a bad call, his game was better than the pitch count says. As long as he'snot doing anything that looks unnatural, overcompensating an arm angle, or shaking his arm..basically he appears fine, I think. He'll get going again.
foulpole
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
...I guess I have to pull a Joe Namath and guarantee a Webb win to keep shoe happy now. Razz

Get TAP!!! Wink

Ryan
September Call-Up

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOND and I suffered through this one from just behind the left field foul pole, i.e. the perfect Barroids heckling spot.

We got to be excited for all of about five minutes after Estrada tied it up, then Pena coughed it up in the bottom half of the inning. We both left after it went to 7-3 Gnats in the bottom of the eighth, and wouldn't you know it they rallied furiously after that.

That being said, I won't be at tomorrow's series finale, but BOND will. So if we lose again tomorrow, we'll know it's BOND who has the bad SF mojo. Razz

BTW from reading the thread it sounds like Webb looked okay on TV but got squeezed. Glad to hear it, as from our seats in the LF corner it seemed like his pitches were a bit up and he couldn't throw strikes with his curve. Consider me nervous about Webb right now. Are his problems mental or physical?
B. O. N. D.
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So if we lose again tomorrow, we'll know it's BOND who has the bad SF mojo. Razz

Hey! Mad

Yeah, I'll go and do pennance tomorrow (thanks for the tix, Ryan). IMHO the umps gave this game to the Gnats. A couple of dumbass calls that cost the game. And Tony Peņa.
TAP
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got home and had to listen to the whole ugly game on KNBR. Let me add one last, "FU BONDS!"

I thought it was my fate to win this one but Peņa crapped all over it.

"We're fading fast," Johnny Estrada said following the DBacks' 7-6 loss. "The Dodgers are playing well, and the Giants seem to be playing well, and I don't know what the standings are now (seriously?), but we're not knocking on the door anymore."

Webb's self-evaluation: "Off again mechanically. I threw a ton of pitches, falling behind every batter."

BTW, thanks shoe and foulpole. And fp, I did get a call from a friend on the drive home who did the Marilyn Monroe to JFK Happy Birthday rendition for me and I could have sworn she was the real article. Razz
moviegeekjn
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:

"We're fading fast," Johnny Estrada said following the DBacks' 7-6 loss. "The Dodgers are playing well, and the Giants seem to be playing well, and I don't know what the standings are now (seriously?), but we're not knocking on the door anymore."
Didn't anyone give Estrada the proper book of cliches? Is this the kind of statement players are supposed to make when they are just a few games out with over 5 weeks to play?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> GameDay Threads All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: