Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
"Declaration of Boycott"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charlie
AA Prospect

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all:

Why in God's name is anyone responding to BU1's posts? I've wasted my valuable time reading most of this thread now and got nothing from it but a case of nausea.

Please don't argue with this guy just for the sake of arguing. OK?????
B. O. N. D.
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Charlie... what a surprise!!! Long time, no see.

Yes, I agree with you and will refrain from now on. The idiocy just chaps my hide. Mad
AZ SnakePit
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

charlie wrote:
Why in God's name is anyone responding to BU1's posts? I've wasted my valuable time reading most of this thread now and got nothing from it but a case of nausea.

Views like his shouldn't be allowed to go unchallenged. While there's little hope of him ever admitting the absurdity of his position, it's important to point out his idiocy, so that the record shows the majority of respondents, both on the mlb board, and especially here, do NOT support them.

So really, we're doing it for the kids. Wink
biggerunit1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ SnakePit wrote:
biggerunit1 wrote:
That's funny. You seem so insulted by purple attacking your sexuality, yet you claim to be a Dbacks fan. Makes me wonder how you survived these 9 years if purple affects you in such a negative way.

But then again... I never heard complaints BEFORE the color change.

"Hop on the Sedona Red bandwagon.."

[Shrug] I support the team, not a color of the spectrum. They could play in pink polka-dots and I wouldn't throw a hissy fit about it - unlike some people. They'd still be my Diamondbacks.

HAHAHA You WOULD be mad about polka dots and you know it! Why kid yourself?
biggerunit1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ SnakePit wrote:
charlie wrote:

Views like his shouldn't be allowed to go unchallenged. While there's little hope of him ever admitting the absurdity of his position, it's important to point out his idiocy, so that the record shows the majority of respondents, both on the mlb board, and especially here, do NOT support them.

Pit, the only absurdity is the Combine way of life which you have no problem with. You clearly think that going along with everyone else is the correct way to go. Individuality is a waste of time. So therefor you claim my posts absurd because they don't ride with the Sedona Red Bandwagon? Whatever you say Mrs. Ratched.
csktech
September Call-Up

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggerunit1 wrote:
AZ SnakePit wrote:
charlie wrote:

Pit, the only absurdity is the Combine way of life which you have no problem with. You clearly think that going along with everyone else is the correct way to go. Individuality is a waste of time. So therefor you claim my posts absurd because they don't ride with the Sedona Red Bandwagon? Whatever you say Mrs. Ratched.

The Ferret did it.
shoewizard
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You clearly think that going along with everyone else is the correct way to go. Individuality is a waste of time.

So before the color change, was I lacking in individuality when I wore my purple hat, like everyone else was at the time?
biggerunit1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoewizard wrote:
Quote:
You clearly think that going along with everyone else is the correct way to go. Individuality is a waste of time.

So before the color change, was I lacking in individuality when I wore my purple hat, like everyone else was at the time?

Wrong perspective. Of all the MLB teams, I'd say almost half use red to some extent. And as of last season, only 2 teams used purple. Only ONE team used purple as their primary color. The Diamondbacks, compared to the rest of the league, were 1 team out of 30. Nobody was like them. Now, they have succumbed to the Combine. They jumped on the red bandwagon. They now share something that 13 other teams use as well. They are now nothing more than 'just another red team.' No individuality = the Combine wins.
shoewizard
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Wrong perspective.

Why, because it's not your perspective? Would I be more of an individual if I adopted your perspective?

Quote:

Of all the MLB teams, I'd say almost half use red to some extent. And as of last season, only 2 teams used purple

Right, and those two purple teams have shitty sales.

Seriously, the only one lacking in perspective here is you. And when presented with new information, such as Dylan provided, you are unable to rethink your position or make any modification at all. It's your way or the highway.

I guess that makes you an individual though. I for one am very happy you are "one of a kind" Wink
wabaseball34
A-Ball Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggerunit1 wrote:
shoewizard wrote:
Quote:

Wrong perspective. Of all the MLB teams, I'd say almost half use red to some extent. And as of last season, only 2 teams used purple. Only ONE team used purple as their primary color. The Diamondbacks, compared to the rest of the league, were 1 team out of 30. Nobody was like them. Now, they have succumbed to the Combine. They jumped on the red bandwagon. They now share something that 13 other teams use as well. They are now nothing more than 'just another red team.' No individuality = the Combine wins.

the style that you teams plays in, and the way your players play should define a team. Each team is known for something, and by ditching the colors, it brings a new ERA into town. We're now a team with a shot, and with the new colors, people will look at us differently, now a world contender. What color would you prefer the team to be if you had the option? i think changing the colors were great, but if they were going to change the colors regardless, what color would you want, b-unit? Red is a popular color because it blends nicely and is appealing to the eye. We're a much darker red than Cincy, and have more black and gold than a team like say the Nationals.
misterx
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggerunit1 wrote:
shoewizard wrote:
Quote:

i thought baseball was about winning baseball games not uni colors
biggerunit1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misterx wrote:
biggerunit1 wrote:
shoewizard wrote:
Quote:

That's what all the Red bandwagoners say until their team is wearing ugly colors. Then all of a sudden, they agree colors matter.
biggerunit1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoewizard wrote:
Quote:

Wrong perspective.

Why, because it's not your perspective? Would I be more of an individual if I adopted your perspective?

Quote:

Of all the MLB teams, I'd say almost half use red to some extent. And as of last season, only 2 teams used purple

Right, and those two purple teams have shitty sales.

Seriously, the only one lacking in perspective here is you. And when presented with new information, such as Dylan provided, you are unable to rethink your position or make any modification at all. It's your way or the highway.

I guess that makes you an individual though. I for one am very happy you are "one of a kind" Wink

The teams that have shitty sales are the 1990s expansion teams. Ever think of it that way?
misterx
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggerunit1 wrote:
misterx wrote:
biggerunit1 wrote:
shoewizard wrote:
Quote:

That's what all the Red bandwagoners say until their team is wearing ugly colors. Then all of a sudden, they agree colors matter.

i never thought about the colors when they are winning or losing
1golfer1
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggereunich just hanged himself with purple rope...
moviegeekjn
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inevitable

Hank, keep picking against my teams, please!!
1golfer1
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

may he rest in pieces...
xjwheelr
AA Prospect

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the crap was that about anyway? What "TOS" was he referring to?

Pure curiosity...
moviegeekjn
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOS is short hand for "Terms of Service"

Trolls often resort to claiming legaleze to attempt to play on collective guilt felt by responsible online communities. Standard ploy.

Hank, keep picking against my teams, please!!
Counsell
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TAP
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counsell wrote:
STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The troll expired (see Site Info). Unless there's anything more to add here, we can put this one on ice so that it doesn't keep getting bumped back atop the baseball threads.

Any objections?
qudjy1
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None here...
B. O. N. D.
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the motion. Laughing
TAP
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B. O. N. D. wrote:
I second the motion. Laughing

Carried. Closed.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: