Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
8/17 Dbacks vs Rockies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> GameDay Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qudjy1
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomorrow will be a better day.. mostly because today sucked...
matt
Veteran Presence

Location: Researching my theory that a lime hat is more effective than tinfoil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were saying that Webbs fb was clocking in the mid 80's do they need to suck it up and shut him down?
moviegeekjn
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilJuan wrote:

Doggers are idle - we didn't gain ground...
St. Louis beat Cincinnati - we didn't gain ground...
Gnats are beating the Pods - we didn't gain ground...

Positive spin:

St. Louis beat Cincinnati: we didn't lose ground in the WC
Gnats are beating the Pods: we don't lose ground as long as the score holds up

As far as the Cy: Post season awards are consolation prizes and a Cy would only make Brandon's agent ask for more $$ the next time negotiations take place.
TheDesertSurfer
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder.....
tomorrow, ESPN will do something they RARELY Rolling Eyes do.....
a Yankees vs. Red Sox game
Day game (10AM our time I think...don't care...someone else might)
shoewizard
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out all day with my kid and a couple of his classmates at the AZ Science center.

Doesn't look like I missed much, other than the demise of Brandon Webb.

He seems cooked. Either he is hurt, or just pitching scared and tentative. Either way....it aint working. Crying or Very sad
TheDesertSurfer
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoewizard wrote:
I was out all day with my kid and a couple of his classmates at the AZ Science center.

Doesn't look like I missed much, other than the demise of Brandon Webb.

He seems cooked. Either he is hurt, or just pitching scared and tentative. Either way....it aint working. Crying or Very sad

With Tracy throwing away another one and the Rockies getting two free ones in the first inning, I'm sure that hurts Webb's confidence in his defense. I would imagine the entire pitching staff has to be a little disturbed at this sieve they've had behind them recently.
YBC-Dog
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDesertSurfer wrote:

With Tracy throwing away another one and the Rockies getting two free ones in the first inning, I'm sure that hurts Webb's confidence in his defense. I would imagine the entire pitching staff has to be a little disturbed at this sieve they've had behind them recently.

I'm really getting sick of that excuse. Good pitchers, especially ace pitchers, should be able to pick up the defense if they make a mistake.

God knows that the defense has picked Brandon up numerous times this year via the double play.

I still think Brandon is the CY frontrunner, but he's gonna have to get it together and stop falling apart the first time a ground ball gets through.

And he still walked two prior to Tracy's throwing that ball away so I think the arm issue is lingering and think there is plenty of blame to spread around.
foulpole
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jethawker wrote:
CJ looked safe to me. In fact, it appeared his slide was complete and as his body was coming up from the ground is when the tag was made. Horrible call.

I have not been impressed with CJ's running speed. He's a lot slower than one would expect.

jethawker

I missed the game but just saw the highlights and they showed this play at regular speed and just once but he sure looked safe to me.
TAP
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foulpole wrote:
jethawker wrote:
CJ looked safe to me. In fact, it appeared his slide was complete and as his body was coming up from the ground is when the tag was made. Horrible call.

I have not been impressed with CJ's running speed. He's a lot slower than one would expect.

jethawker

I missed the game but just saw the highlights and they showed this play at regular speed and just once but he sure looked safe to me.

"It didn't look close to me. He was safe," Melvin said.

"I don't know where to begin," Jackson said. "That was the biggest play of the game right there. Huge. With `Greeny' coming up, who had two knocks and (Stephen) Drew has been hot.

"My body was on the plate. He was out of position. I don't know where he was. I don't know. I just don't know. He said that he tagged me up here (chest). I'm like, of course he did. Usually when they tag you in the chest, you are safe, right?"
EvilJuan
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:

"I don't know where to begin," Jackson said. "That was the biggest play of the game right there. Huge. With `Greeny' coming up, who had two knocks and (Stephen) Drew has been hot.

"My body was on the plate. He was out of position. I don't know where he was. I don't know. I just don't know. He said that he tagged me up here (chest). I'm like, of course he did. Usually when they tag you in the chest, you are safe, right?"

Even if you slid in face first, if they tag you on the chest, you should be safe at home...

"We wuz robbed!"
TAP
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDesertSurfer wrote:
Another question: Who's our third (emergency) catcher?

Bob McManaman in today's AZ Republic wrote:
CONOR JACKSON

Now: First baseman.

Then: Catcher.

Youth team: The Dodgers, a Pony League team from Westhills Baseball near Woodland Hills, Calif.

About his position: "I was a catcher all the way up to high school and then my dad told me, 'You're either going to play football or be a catcher,' because he knew how hard it was going to be on my knees. I switched to shortstop, and played football, too."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> GameDay Threads All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: