Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
scott hairston, deep sleeper
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shoewizard
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
in other words, you are talking out of your ass.

When Dangerfield talks specifics in his scouting reports, I listen. When he talks numbers, I walk right by.
Dangerfield
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoewizard wrote:
Quote:

When Dangerfield talks specifics in his scouting reports, I listen. When he talks numbers, I walk right by.

lol...there's reason for my projections, but you know, can't give away too much, and Dr. Barbay 1 and 2, I'll stop helping training their eyes, they keep being mean.
levski
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangerfield wrote:
shoewizard wrote:
Quote:

lol...there's reason for my projections, but you know, can't give away too much, and Dr. Barbay 1 and 2, I'll stop helping training their eyes, they keep being mean.

wow, a Dr Barbay reference. you don't see those too often...

so you're saying you have invented a new projection system that has byrnes batting .300? and hitting 25 homers?

by all means, do share. we want to know the secret ingredients... hgh, steroids, greenies, crystal meth... whatever they are, we're anxious.

short of telling us that you've fused eric byrnes with tony gwynn, and the resulting offspring is NOT Russ Ortiz with a bat, you've left me unimpressed
shoewizard
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL!!!
TAP
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Gilbert says Scotty is major league ready but hasn't been given the chance to show it...

Steve Gilbert's mailbag wrote:
What are the chances of the D-backs getting their hands on the Pirates' closer, Mike Gonzalez? Could you see them trading a guy like Scott Hairston -- who is really left out of the outfield picture with Eric Byrnes, Carlos Quentin, Chris Young and Jeff DaVanon -- to finally give the D-backs their first real closer since Matt Mantei?
-- William G., Tempe, Ariz.

I like Hairston, William, but it's going to take more than him to pry Gonzalez away from the Pirates. One of the most oft-mentioned rumors with regards to Gonzalez involves Braves first baseman Adam LaRoche, a guy who hit 32 home runs last year. Hairston simply doesn't have the trade value that LaRoche has. That said, I think Hairston still has the potential to be a good big-league player, he just hasn't gotten the right opportunity.
Dangerfield
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
Dangerfield wrote:
shoewizard wrote:
Quote:

wow, a Dr Barbay reference. you don't see those too often...

so you're saying you have invented a new projection system that has byrnes batting .300? and hitting 25 homers?

by all means, do share. we want to know the secret ingredients... hgh, steroids, greenies, crystal meth... whatever they are, we're anxious.

short of telling us that you've fused eric byrnes with tony gwynn, and the resulting offspring is NOT Russ Ortiz with a bat, you've left me unimpressed

well, I don't know about Byrnes genetics, he's fused alright, but the astute Shoe once noticed, he pops out a lot, and lot of those pop-ups are from his fusion....In the 7 spot, those pop ups might become line drives. There's more to it...but suffice to say, there's more to the story with Byrnes.

Now the Hairston issue, I have no problem with him, he's a pure hitter. I just like Byrnes a heck of a lot, how this works itself out will be interesting.
levski
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I'll take your word with about as much confidence as I took rumsfeld's word that he knew what he was doing in the middle east

so you're saying the combination of pop ups and the seventh spot would turn byrnes into a mini-manny? sounds like a conspiracy theory

too bad melvin will ruin your plan by batting byrnes leadoff or in the 4 spot
levski
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
to finally give the D-backs their first real closer since Matt Mantei?

wtf? mantei was a real closer? and what was BK, chicken shit?
Dangerfield
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
well, I'll take your word with about as much confidence as I took rumsfeld's word that he knew what he was doing in the middle east

so you're saying the combination of pop ups and the seventh spot would turn byrnes into a mini-manny? sounds like a conspiracy theory

too bad melvin will ruin your plan by batting byrnes leadoff or in the 4 spot

Well you used my exact words back when you were talking about Chris Young and the Bpro chat verbatim, and I know you didn't get it from Think Factory. Only when I used it, I was referring it to CQ, so you're emendable too. There's a lot more to the Byrnes belief as well, when the time is right I'll give you the material.

And don't get me started on BoMel. NO\ow, I like Bomel its a catcher fraternity, thing.
levski
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well you used my exact words back when you were talking about Chris Young and the Bpro chat verbatim, and I know you didn't get it from Think Factory. Only when I used it, I was referring it to CQ, so you're emendable too. There's a lot more to the Byrnes belief as well, when the time is right I'll give you the material.

Not sure what exactly you're referring to (too lazy to look up the CY thread) but OK.

Belief is fine. Belief is what made Joel Osteen rich. Me... I'd quote Bill James (or one of his disciples): "In god, we trust. Everyone else must have numbers"

Quote:

And don't get me started on BoMel. NO\ow, I like Bomel its a catcher fraternity, thing.

Well, Mr. Darren Daulton, not everyone's as funny or original as you
Dylan
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangerfield wrote:
There's a lot more to the Byrnes belief as well, when the time is right I'll give you the material.

Why are you waiting to give us the information? Do you realize how condescending and arrogant this sounds?
levski
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dylan wrote:
Do you realize how condescending and arrogant this sounds?

Well, obviously, Dylan, you've confused me with Dangerfield... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: