Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What about Eric Gagne?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shoewizard
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:
according to people on primer quoting french canadian papers, gagne has agreed to join the rangers for about $8m on one year deal

Well, we all know we can't trust Canadiens.......they have 90% of their population massed along the US border ready for an invasion.
McCray
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

part of what made gagne so good was strength. i remember watching him during the year he won the CYA. his arm was a blur, even on frame by frame, and when it was extended he still had enough power left to whip-snap his wrist and send the ball with great velocity AND great break.

i've only seen him a couple times since, but when i have, his arm seems like it's playing catch-up to his hand -- i don't know if that makes sense, but it's what i wrote down when i saw him. he doesn't have that last burst of motion at the end of his delivery, it seemed, and didn't even have the arm power to get the same velocity, with or without break.

i'm not going to say one way or another on the steroids issue, because i don't know. but he has lost power. and break. and now his arm, which carried a fuck of a lot of stress when he was healthy, has been operated on a few times.

i don't see him ever coming anywhere near gagne of old. and if clubs are throwing 8M or 5M at him, they're hoping for that upside. a more realistic upside, IMO, is that of a slightly above avg relief pitcher.
matt
Veteran Presence

Location: Researching my theory that a lime hat is more effective than tinfoil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard they bombed the Baldwin house!
admdavid
Draft Pick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but Alec survived to become president of FAG (Film Actors Guild). LOL

On a serious note, I wouldn't touch Gagme with a 20' pole. The guy is damaged goods, plain and simple.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: