Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Diamondbacks interested in Mulder after all

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allstar
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Diamondbacks interested in Mulder after all Reply with quote

Source: mlb.mlb.com (arizonadiamondbacks.com)

Quote:
"That's probably the type of situation that poses the greatest challenge," Byrnes said about Mulder and the incentives policy. "But I think we can figure out a solution. It is what it is. We'll figure out a way to address it that fits both sides."

On the trade front, Byrnes acknowledged that the D-backs have discussed a trade with the Rangers. Byrnes did not get into specifics, but the Rangers are known to be interested in right-handers Dustin Nippert and Micah Owings.

Nippert and Owings are among a group of seven young pitchers that, if Spring Training started right now, would be competing for the final two spots in the starting rotation.

Diamondbacks will make the offer to him and it seems Mark Mulder really wants to settle in Arizona, his off-season home and likely to be his full year around home, before he gets married next month.
Also, the deal with the Angels fell apart, but it's likely they might trade Dustin Nippert to the Rangers for a hitter, and trade either Eric Byrnes and Chad Tracy for a starter.
shoewizard
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We didn't really need a new thread for this....just stick it in the existing thread.
Guitar Salad
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Diamondbacks interested in Mulder after all Reply with quote

allstar wrote:

...his off-season home and likely to be his full year around home, before he gets married next month.

You should write for the Republic. You've made this prediction twice in the last week.
allstar
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Yeah Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it'll happen. My baseball sense's are tinggling.
Oden
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locking this thread as redundant.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: