Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tracy is on the Trading Block
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B. O. N. D.
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Tracy is on the Trading Block Reply with quote

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere:

From rotoworld.com:

Quote:
Chad Tracy-3B-Diamondbacks Dec. 4 - 2:31 pm et

With their eyes on trying to upgrade their pitching, the Diamondbacks have reportedly tried to interest the Angels in Chad Tracy.
Ervin Santana for Tracy would be a great trade for the Diamondbacks, but it's likely the Angels want someone with more power at the hot corner.
Source: Yahoo! Sports

Confidence in... Reynolds? Callaspo? Another aquisition (doesn't make sense financially)?
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy thought: perhaps move Upton to 3B since we have Young? Granted, he won't be up this year, but after all, he did sign as a SS...
Oden
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to trade Tracy this off-season as the season was winding down. I changed my mind, because our alternatives at 3rd are not good enough, IMO. If they can come out of the deal with a better option (McPherson or another), I'd be fine with it.
shoewizard
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they are trying to swing some kind of deal with the Astros for Morgan Ensberg (assuming Tracy really is on the block) ....but the Astros need most what we are after, Pitching.

Rotoworld had this on ensberg:
Quote:

Astros GM Tim Purpura said he hasn't decided what to go about his third base situation.
The Astros still have both Morgan Ensberg and Mike Lamb on the roster, and they haven't ruled out re-signing Aubrey Huff, though they won't give him the four-year, $30 million-plus deal he's searching for. "We're obviously going to continue to look at the third base situation and see where we go there," Purpura said. "Some of that will be impacted by the starting pitching situation because of the financial piece of it. The question is do we carry both Lamb and Ensberg and add another starting pitcher? That will be a challenge for us." An Ensberg trade remains likely.
Oden
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, Shoe. Angels/Astros line up better than AZ does, I'd think.
shoewizard
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah....they do line up better.

I was actually trying to think of how the d backs could line upwith Houston and get Ensberg, and still get Santana for Tracy
B. O. N. D.
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upton in 2007??? No way... Future 3b? Interesting. What does that do to his value, though? It would solve the glut of hot OF prospects, leaving C-Gonz LF, or whatever... still.

It's got to be Callaspo. Upgrade at defense, downgrade in power, upgrade in OBP?

Or Reynolds... who could be a push in everything? Didn't someone do a comparison of Reynolds/Tracy? Man, Reynolds hasn't even seen AAA yet!
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could send some of our pitching per the other thread to HOU for Ensberg.
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justin upton at 3b is a waste of talent. and emphasis on his only glaring weakness

i'm not surprised to see Tracy shopped around. i'd love to see a "blockbuster" trade of Tracy and Byrnes (plus spare part or two) to the pirates for freddy sanchez, one of their lefties (maybe maholm? or even marte) and mclouth

just a wai
shoewizard
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reynolds isn't ready, and I don't think they will just hand 3b to callaspo.

Houston has some pretty good young pitching prospects....I think if they want pitching for ensberg....it's got to be "major league ready"

BTW, Ensberg made 3.8 million last year, and is a FA after 2008.
He also turned 31 this past august. Just some things to consider.
Tucson DBacks Fan
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracy is very good player with a lot of potential. His fielding is a little weak, but I'm not convinced the Dbacks really want to trade him all that much. I suspect it's more the case that in order to get the kind of pitching help they want, the Diamondbacks are going to have to give up some very good players in return. Rolling Eyes
B. O. N. D.
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoewizard wrote:
Houston has some pretty good young pitching prospects....I think if they want pitching for ensberg....it's got to be "major league ready"

Juan Cruz?

I'm not saying they would or should.
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoewizard wrote:
Reynolds isn't ready, and I don't think they will just hand 3b to callaspo.

BTW, Ensberg made 3.8 million last year, and is a FA after 2008.
He also turned 31 this past august. Just some things to consider.

rotoworld is reporting some relievers being offered for ensberg. i think the astros would want young starting pitching back.

if we can move tracy (say, to the pirates who are looknig for a cheap young first baseman) for pitching, i think the dbacks could be very wise to see what they can send to houston for ensberg.

i've always liked morgan. he has power, he can draw walks, and he can really pick it with the leather. and he'll be quite cheap in trades...
Aaron
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oden wrote:
I wanted to trade Tracy this off-season as the season was winding down. I changed my mind, because our alternatives at 3rd are not good enough, IMO. If they can come out of the deal with a better option (McPherson or another), I'd be fine with it.

Very interesting. How about Tracy/Nippert for Santana/McPherson? Too much or too little? The Angels have a thing for relief pitching, so maybe we could throw in Julio.

I love Santana's future, I've seen him pitch live a few times and have always come away impressed. To have him locked into our rotation for the next few seasons is a fun thought.
stu
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tracy/Nippert for just Santana is closer to relaity, but still not there yet.
Aaron
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stu wrote:
I think Tracy/Nippert for just Santana is closer to relaity, but still not there yet.

I agree. I'd love to take a flyer on McPherson though. If the Angels were to acquire a 3B they'd have Kendry Maroles/Casey Kotchman/McPherson clogging up the 1B/backup 3B/DH roles (along with Garrett Anderson's days offs and rehab DH ABs). So I'm sure there'd be some willingness to discuss McP in the same deal. He's not someone I'd overpay to acquire though...
matt
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why McPherson? The dude is the same age as Tracy and hasn't been able to hold a .300 OBP in the majors. His K/BB at the MLB is scary also.
levski
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
Why McPherson? The dude is the same age as Tracy and hasn't been able to hold a .300 OBP in the majors. His K/BB at the MLB is scary also.

I doubt JByrnes has ANY interest in McPh at all. The guy will be a washout
Aaron
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:

Because he's shown serious power at pretty much every level. He's worth taking a flyer on, not giving up serious talent for.

I think Tracy is the better player, just talking in context of a Tracy/Santana swap.
levski
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron wrote:
matt wrote:

Because he's shown serious power at pretty much every level. He's worth taking a flyer on, not giving up serious talent for.

He's got Russell Branyan written all over him. If he can stay healthy
Aaron
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levski wrote:

Exactly. For as cheap as McPherson is the next few seasons that's not a bad baseline with the hopes for some upside.

I'm not obsessed with the dude, just thought he'd make a nice addition if a Santana deal could be reached (highly dubious, I realize). Worst case scenario he backs up the 3B/1B spots. Best case is he figures things out and becomes a solid regular.
levski
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron wrote:
levski wrote:

Exactly. For as cheap as McPherson is the next few seasons that's not a bad baseline with the hopes for some upside.

I'm not obsessed with the dude, just thought he'd make a nice addition if a Santana deal could be reached (highly dubious, I realize). Worst case scenario he backs up the 3B/1B spots. Best case is he figures things out and becomes a solid regular.

If you can get Santana for Tracy, I'd take on anyone else, regardless of whether his ceiling is Russ Branyan. It ain't happening tho...
allstar
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: In the Angels' Side Reply with quote

They're danggling Joe Saunders and Chone Figgins as a trading chip to go along with Ervin Santana according to their board and they really want Chad Tracy. Definitely do this trade.

1) Brandon Webb
2) Livan Hernandez
3) Mark Mulder
4) Ervin Santana
5) Doug Davis

These 5 sounds mighty good to carry us to the World Series championsip for years to come.
Aaron
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was thinking Tracy/Nippert/Julio for the duo. Probably not realistic. We'll see.
tmar
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would a team trade a 16 game winner making 350k for Chad Tracy? I like to dream like the rest of you, but I don't see this. Santana would easily get 4/40 in todays market if he were a free agent.

Is there something I'm not seeing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: