Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
08/11: FLA@ARI: Livan's debut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> GameDay Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oden
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from the game and all I can say is, God damn that blonde at Sliders has a great body. I was there 2 hours longer than I planned to be.

Oh yeah, nice offense tonight.
shoewizard
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really argue with you....I don't really see him pitching any better than he did tonight.

I remember seeing him here at Chase a couple years ago. Of course it was 2004 and we sucked. But still...he looked dominant, and definitely had more velocity.

This is not the same guy.
shoewizard
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juan....very nice meeting you tonight. Too bad the time was so short.
We'll have to do it right one of these days.
foulpole
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foulpole wrote:
New mojo for our 9th.

Bring us home Jennie!!!

matt wrote:

It looked like he ate a lot more than 8 innings... ...maybe a few pies,

MMM....pie
foulpole
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tmar wrote:
Maybe Livan can play 1B until CJ comes back.

Maybe Livan can play 1st even after C J comes back. Wink
Driaz
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
Driaz wrote:
Hank,

Ever since I started a gameday thread for you, my life has been in shambles. Webb hasn't pitched since then, (moviegeek was definately right about you on that one) this wonderfull board was shut down for a week, I got very sick, my dog died, my cat ran away, my woman left me, my parents told me that they found me in a dumpster and wished they had left me there, someone stole my truck and stripped it, and my house burned down. All of this for doing something I thought was a simple gesture of compassion, and you ruined my life!!!

I'm pretty sure I heard this same song while listening to Dave Pratt on KMLE this morning. Confused

Laughing Yes, it is similar to the greatest country music verse ever recorded:

I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison,
and I went to pick her up in the rain.
But before I could get there in my pickup truck,
she got runned over by a damned ol' train.

Major props to Steve Goodman and David Allen Coe!!! Smile
baldmaga
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually pretty pleased with what I saw out of Livan last night. 4 runs is heads and shoulders above what Vargas or Cruz were being expected to give up, so the offense was just a little TOO relaxed with their new pitchers, and I expect with Webb we should get those bats swinging again.
EStreetMan
September Call-Up

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed last nights game. Want to know from anyone that was there what they thought of Josh Johnson. My scout loves the kid and thinks he will become an ACE someday. Is his stuff that good? What did you think?................

Also nice meeting more new people last night. Evil Juan and his daughters. Also a lurker from El Paso. I'm still trying to think of that Red Headed Point Guard THE BEAR had on his team back in the late 80's early 90's when I was doing Lobo games. All I can think of is his PIT nickname Opie, Opie........................

scott (Bailing buckets of water out of his JEEP)
EvilJuan
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Scott!

BTW, can appreciate the "bailing out yer Jeep" situation. The monsoon hit our area pretty good last night, about an hour-and-a-half after getting home from the game. Good thing, too, as we had four different sets of windows whose track drains were plugged, and so the windows were flooding. Once we got the drains cleared, all was well... But it took a bit of time to get all four windows fixed up! Today, we have a small lake in the back yard...

OK, as noted earlier, when yer out in the RF bleachers, ya ain't gonna see much of the actual pitches thrown. But, based on the results, after a few innings, I was thinking of Johnson, "Who is this guy?" He consistently was getting ahead of batters - lots of 0-2 and 1-2 counts - and IIRC, four of his six K's were called third strikes. That, and the lack of any significant well-batted balls against him strongly suggests he was foolin' our guys pretty badly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> GameDay Threads All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: