Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Luxury Tax/Revenue Sharing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pilgrim 33
Draft Pick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Luxury Tax/Revenue Sharing Reply with quote

Haven't heard it mentioned in a while and was wondering if things changed with the last collective bargaining agreement. Does anybody have current info where the luxury tax stands in MLB? With teams shelling out huge contracts again it seems more than the Yankees will go over the old luxury tax this season (I believe at one time it was 117 mil, but that might be wrong or have gone up). Do the D-Backs stand to pocket some extra cash from other teams' wild spending? Will that affect our projected payroll at all in the next few years or our paying down of deferred salaries and old debt? Thanks.
matt
Veteran Presence

Location: Researching my theory that a lime hat is more effective than tinfoil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read today that the tax is 40% on money spent over $148M. With the threshold set so high, even Boston might be able to stay under the tax.
rgndvo
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

while I havent heard anything specific, I know that teams that didnt break the luxury tax barrier before last offseason had some sort of exemption going into last offseason. Not sure if that still applies or where the barrier is at now but I know teams were more apt to go over the limit last offseason because of this exemption.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: