Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
8/15 AZ @ CO
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> GameDay Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TAP
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: 8/15 AZ @ CO Reply with quote

Batista vs. Jennings in today’s match-up.

I’ll try this one on for size.
EvilJuan
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennings, 7-9 this year (56-52 overall), last won on July 30th against the Padres. His previous win came on June 20th against Oakland; with 3 no-decisions (one against the Dbacks) and 3 losses in between victories. Since July 30th, he threw two additional no decision games, against SF and the LAD.

He's got 116 strikeouts against 57 walks this season. (In his career, he's at 596K/397BB.) In his last start against the Dbacks, he had 8Ks and only 1BB in 8 innings, giving up 6 hits and 1 earned run.

His ERA is 3.44 for '06; and 4.73 lifetime. He's 28 years old; and has pitched 164.2 innings in 24 starts this season, giving up 157 hits, of which 14 were home runs. His R/ER totals are 67/63.

He's a RHP; so, hopefully, Drew will get the start.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Batista is 10-5 this season (67-76 career). He won (vs. SF) in his last start (8-9-06). Prior to that, he last won on July 19th (vs. the LAD); with three no-decisions in between. His last start against the Rockies was on July 7th (no decision); he faced the Rockies twice in April, winning the game on the 6th, and getting no decision on the 12th.

Batista has pitched 148.1 innings in 24 starts this year, giving up 180 hits, of which 15 have been home runs. His R/ER totals are 88/79; with 81Ks and 55 BB this season. He is 36 years old.
shoewizard
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew didn't start yesterday because his hand was still sore, not because a lefty was starting....although that might have made it easier to give him the extra healing time...not because Drew can't hit lefty's, but because thats all that Easley can hit.
EStreetMan
September Call-Up

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Jennings' season has been a treadmill ride. He keeps pitching superbly, but he never gets anywhere. Jennings (7-9, 3.44 ERA) has a losing record despite allowing two earned runs or fewer in four straight starts, with a 1.20 ERA in that span. He has a 2.05 ERA over his past 11 starts. If Jennings ever gets some run support, baseball fans might notice what a fine, mature pitcher he's becoming.

scott (Bet Rockies root for DBAKCS)
EvilJuan
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EStreetMan wrote:
Jason Jennings' season has been a treadmill ride. He keeps pitching superbly, but he never gets anywhere. Jennings (7-9, 3.44 ERA) has a losing record despite allowing two earned runs or fewer in four straight starts, with a 1.20 ERA in that span. He has a 2.05 ERA over his past 11 starts. If Jennings ever gets some run support, baseball fans might notice what a fine, mature pitcher he's becoming.

scott (Bet Rockies root for DBAKCS)

Yeah, run support. Somehow, our pitchers have a tendency to bring that out in the opposing team... Sad

I sure hope I'm being overly pessimistic; but your "bet/root" directive appears to be right on to me...
Bob A
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Drew is starting tonight.
ncdbackfan
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So will there be any spillover from the bench clearing mess last night? I was hoping to see some punches. We needed something to give the guys a spark. We looked like we were sleepwalking for most of the game. Hope the guys decided to bring the bats to the ballpark tonight.

Anyway, I put the over/under of hit batters at 3. Thoughts?
B. O. N. D.
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob A wrote:
Does anyone know if Drew is starting tonight.

Jackson, Drew and Quentin are starting tonight. No Green!!! Very Happy
foulpole
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight's line up vs. Jennings

stats are season vs. RHP

E. Byrnes cf .238 /.301 /.460
O. Hudson 2b .279 /.337 /.449
L. Gonzalez lf .296 /.388 /.504
C. Jackson 1b .270 /.349 /.423
C. Tracy 3b .296 /.358 /.488
J. Estrada c .316 /.338 /.484
C. Quentin rf .324 /.395 /.706
S. Drew ss .333 /.370 /.573
M. Batista p .167 /.189 /.194
foulpole
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they dealt Green.

RHP on he's not in the line up for the second straight night.
TAP
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncdbackfan wrote:
So will there be any spillover from the bench clearing mess last night? I was hoping to see some punches. Hope the guys decided to bring the bats to the ballpark tonight.

TAP
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foulpole wrote:

Arizona remains firmly in the playoff picture, but they made a move with an eye towards the present and the future Sunday. Manager Bob Melvin told reporters he plans to give rookie Carlos Quentin the bulk of the playing time in right field down the stretch, which is easy to understand given that he's hit .300 with four homers and 17 RBIs in 22 games with the Diamondbacks.

Maybe he was serious.
EvilJuan
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncdbackfan wrote:
So will there be any spillover from the bench clearing mess last night? I was hoping to see some punches. We needed something to give the guys a spark. We looked like we were sleepwalking for most of the game. Hope the guys decided to bring the bats to the ballpark tonight.

Sorry, TAP; but it will probably look more like this:

Ya know, more... choreographed...

Twisted Evil
TAP
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilJuan wrote:
Sorry, TAP; but it will probably look more like this:

Ya know, more... choreographed...

Twisted Evil

LOL! Typical baseball "brawl."
EvilJuan
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
foulpole wrote:

Arizona remains firmly in the playoff picture, but they made a move with an eye towards the present and the future Sunday. Manager Bob Melvin told reporters he plans to give rookie Carlos Quentin the bulk of the playing time in right field down the stretch, which is easy to understand given that he's hit .300 with four homers and 17 RBIs in 22 games with the Diamondbacks.

Maybe he was serious.

Is this the quote from the report at Yahoo? Because I can't find this anywhere else to confirm that Melvin actually said it.

I'm not saying it isn't true; I'm just saying that I'm surprised that this quote does not appear at azcentral.com, nor at the official team web site, nor at foxsports.com... Confused
Otacon
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:

Good call!
Oden
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warriors, come out to playyyy...
TAP
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilJuan wrote:
TAP wrote:
foulpole wrote:

Maybe he was serious.

Is this the quote from the report at Yahoo? Because I can't find this anywhere else to confirm that Melvin actually said it.

I'm not saying it isn't true; I'm just saying that I'm surprised that this quote does not appear at azcentral.com, nor at the official team web site, nor at foxsports.com... Confused

HERE IT IS. Draw your own conclusions...

With rumors circulating that the Mets have shown interest in Diamondbacks right fielder Shawn Green, Arizona manager Bob Melvin said rookie Carlos Quentin is ready to play at the big-league level full time.

"He wouldn't be here if we didn't think he was ready to be a right fielder," Melvin said. "We felt like he was ready last year. Everything that he's shown would suggest he's ready to play."

Quentin -- who was brought up from Triple-A Tucson on July 20 -- has appeared in 21 games and made 11 starts, most of which have come in right field, his natural position.

Melvin said that although his offensive numbers have been impressive -- a .306 average to go along with four home runs and 17 RBIs -- his defensive prowess while patrolling the outfield is sometimes overlooked.

"That's all you ever hear about are the offensive numbers, but you don't see [his defensive numbers when] you look at the stat sheet," Melvin said. "But then you don't get the full effect of what kind of a player they are until they're here and you watch them play defense as well. It's an important factor."
XB3
Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Byrnes interviewed in the pre-game show didn't really come off well, IMHO. Got real defensive about the bat splintering issue. First time I watched an interview of the guy and didn't like him. Other than admitting, "I SUCKED!" last year, which I found refreshing in a professional athlete.
Robert S.
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see Q (hopefully) let out of his cage for good. This has got to be beyond frustrating for Hairston.

They really can't afford to lose any more ground to the Dodgers. There aren't enough games left, and the Dodgers are the better team.
jethawker
AAA Stud

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockies' announcers just speculated "something must be up with Green" not being in the lineup.

jethawker
foulpole
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the CO feed and they just said that BoMel told them that Greene will be in the lineup tomorrow.
shoewizard
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heading out to dinner guys...hold down the fort for me.

While clearly Green's playing time is being reduced....this is not a flat out benching, and he is NOT traded yet, or even as close as everyone is speculating.

We all WANT it to be true so bad...(well...most of us) but it's just no sure thing this deal goes through.
Robert S.
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would honestly be surprised if a team would take Green for free.
Robert S.
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q's already set the franchise record for Most Times Hitting The Cut-Off Man In A Season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> GameDay Threads All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: