Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NLCS 10/11 COL @ AZ LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> GameDay Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shoewizard
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: NLCS 10/11 COL @ AZ LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED!! Reply with quote

Lets bust up some rock piles boys!!
TAP
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former Major Leaguer Joe Garagiola and the wife of a Valley soldier serving in Afghanistan will throw out the ceremonial first pitches in Games 1 and 2 of the National League Championship series between the Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies. Garagiola, a Valley resident, will open the series Thursday night at Chase Field.

"Just a natural for us," said D-backs President Derrick Hall. "He's Mr. Baseball around here. Every fan loves him. He's like everybody's grandfather. He has a new book out, he's got so many anecdotes. He loves this team, he loves this franchise. He's a big reason why we're here today."

In Friday night's Game 2, Peggy Bauer will toss the first pitch.

Her husband, John, is part of a group of soldiers in Afghanistan who are die-hard D-backs fans.

"He's not going to return until December and then just for a few weeks," Hall said. "His son has said his only dream was to go to a baseball game with his dad. Unfortunately, he can't. But, we're bringing the family out, and we're going to honor them."

Hall said there are 30 to 40 soldiers in Bauer's group of D-backs fans.

"We send t-shirts to them, they wear them. They follow our games on the internet and they get reports back through e-mail. They follow us closely."

Jim Cross / KTAR

ELIMINATE THE ROCKS!
THE SHADOW
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim McClelland will be the crew chief for the NLCS between the Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies that starts on Thursday at Chase Field.
This will be the 16th postseason assignment for McClelland, including his seventh LCS. He will be behind the plate for Game 1 of their series.

McClelland's crew will include Angel Hernandez, Mark Wegner, Larry Vanover, Tom Hallion and Jim Joyce.

The NL crew has worked a combined 43 playoff series, including 11 by Joyce and and 10 by Hernandez. Hallion and Wegner have both worked three previous playoff series and Vanover has worked one.
qudjy1
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SHADOW wrote:
Tim McClelland will be the crew chief for the NLCS between the Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies that starts on Thursday at Chase Field.
This will be the 16th postseason assignment for McClelland, including his seventh LCS. He will be behind the plate for Game 1 of their series.

McClelland's crew will include Angel Hernandez, Mark Wegner, Larry Vanover, Tom Hallion and Jim Joyce.

The NL crew has worked a combined 43 playoff series, including 11 by Joyce and and 10 by Hernandez. Hallion and Wegner have both worked three previous playoff series and Vanover has worked one.

I hate when mcclelan umps. He just takes so long to signal. I realize that the players next to him hear the call immediately, but it is frustrating to us fans...

Hammer the Rocks!
swishin13
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SHADOW wrote:

Uh-oh hope there's no sac fly play at the end of the game. Shocked Laughing
nystro
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qudjy1 wrote:
I hate when mcclelan umps. He just takes so long to signal. I realize that the players next to him hear the call immediately, but it is frustrating to us fans...

Yeah, McClelland has a rather nonchallant and deliberate signal. And while his strike zone is somewhat small, he's usually very consistent with it.
Chris24Young
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, so from the LF bleachers it'll take forever to realize he signaled a strike, least on TV they have the microphone behind the plate
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nystro wrote:
qudjy1 wrote:

Yeah, McClelland has a rather nonchallant and deliberate signal. And while his strike zone is somewhat small, he's usually very consistent with it.

good take, McClelland ranks 47th out of 68 umps with more than 400 innings behind the plate, with 3.45 BB/9 (lowest to highest)

The MOST pitcher friendly ump in baseball, by any measure is Doug Eddings.

Tom Hallen and Mark Wegner rank 3rd, and 5th in K/SO ratio and are generally pitcher friendly.

Andgel Hernandez has the 5th lowest K/bb ratio of any ump in the majors, and is considered a hitters ump.
Hock
September Call-Up

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this.

Argh!
Puddy
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for this game, I'm getting kinda nervous thinking about it. Has there been any indication of whether the roof will be open or closed?

Along those lines, are there any stats (W-L record) this year for when the roof is open vs closed?
THE SHADOW
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puddy wrote:
I can't wait for this game, I'm getting kinda nervous thinking about it. Has there been any indication of whether the roof will be open or closed?

Along those lines, are there any stats (W-L record) this year for when the roof is open vs closed?

Open both nights.
stu
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swishin13 wrote:
THE SHADOW wrote:

Uh-oh hope there's no sac fly play at the end of the game. Shocked Laughing

How does the rotation work when they have umps down the lines?
Hank
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting trivia: This is only the second time that the NLCS has involved two expansion teams.

Kill Barney...

2007 Gameday thread record = 3-0.
2007 In stadium record = 12-13.
Hank
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoewizard wrote:
nystro wrote:
qudjy1 wrote:

good take, McClelland ranks 47th out of 68 umps with more than 400 innings behind the plate, with 3.45 BB/9 (lowest to highest)

The MOST pitcher friendly ump in baseball, by any measure is Doug Eddings.

Tom Hallen and Mark Wegner rank 3rd, and 5th in K/SO ratio and are generally pitcher friendly.

Andgel Hernandez has the 5th lowest K/bb ratio of any ump in the majors, and is considered a hitters ump.

I have always thought that Hernandez sucks as an ump.

Kill Barney...

2007 Gameday thread record = 3-0.
2007 In stadium record = 12-13.
TAP
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hank wrote:
Interesting trivia: This is only the second time that the NLCS has involved two expansion teams.

What qualifies a team as an expansion team? Most existing MLB teams were an expansion team at some point since baseball's origin in the late 1800's. Is an expansion team for this purpose a team that came about after the first World Series in 1903?

ELIMINATE THE ROCKS!
moviegeekjn
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
Hank wrote:

What qualifies a team as an expansion team? Most existing MLB teams were an expansion team at some point since baseball's origin in the late 1800's. Is an expansion team for this purpose a team that came about after the first World Series in 1903?

I believe that Hank is referring to the NLCS involving two teams that were NOT part of the original 8 franchises from the old days. This is only the second time since 1986 when Houston lost to the Mets in the NLCS. Every other year there was at least one team from the original eight (count the Braves as a franchise and not the Atlanta location)

"Let the Valley be lifted up, And every mountain and hill be made low;... And the rugged Rockies terrain submit to the Valley of the Sun."

Isaiah 40:4 (2007 translation)
TAP
Face of the Franchise

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Melvin's set the game-1 lineup:

1- Chris Young (CF)
2- Stephen Drew (SS)
3- Eric Byrnes (LF)
4- Conor Jackson (1B)
5- Mark Reynolds (3B)
6- Chris Snyder (C)
7- Justin Upton (RF)
8- Augie Ojeda (2B)
9- Brandon Webb (P)

Steve Gilbert / MLB.com

ELIMINATE THE ROCKS!
Ryan
Journeyman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am flying in from SF for this one. Can't wait! Go Webb and go D-Backs!
Orlando Thill Hudson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been a lonnnnng 5 days. Can't wait.
Stuart
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 5 days waiting is over, the talking is just about done. In little over 14 hours time its time to let the baseball on the field do the talking.

ANYBODY, ANYTIME!!
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a game tonight?? really?? wow it seems like they have not played in days!!! Wink
Oct: 3-2
Dre
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAME DAY! WooHoo!
levski
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so #### excited, I'm gonna pee my pants.

Oh wait, that's the cofffee.

Go Webby!
Dylan
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully I likely won't have to stay up past midnight to see the end of this game!
AAA Stud

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERE WE GO BOYS...IT'S OUR TIME TO SHINE, ALL THE WAY TO THE SERIES! GO GET EM WEBB!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> GameDay Threads All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25

Jump to: