Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Retooled D-Backs up stakes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foulpole
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Retooled D-Backs up stakes Reply with quote

Nick Piecoro
The Arizona Republic
Feb. 11, 2007 12:00 AM

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbacks/articles/0211dbacks0211.html
Aaron
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice read, I read it yesterday. It echoes a lot of my sentiments.

The reader comments below the article are a bit depressing though. I hope they aren't fully representative of our fanbase.
shoewizard
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly we have one of the weirdest fanbases in the country I think.

I just can't wait to go watch these guys play some baseball.
TSWINDERS
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also am ready, I believe that by the second home stand Chase will be buzzing like it use to be. I am excited about the prospect of being able to walk through those gates in just 2 short months. Of course fan fest will help as well.

Does anyone go to it? If so is it fun/worth going to? I tried to ask people's opinion of it on the other board and I only got 2 others opinions from you know who and they almost talked me out of going until I realized the source.
shoewizard
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been....although I might take my son this year.
qudjy1
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSWINDERS wrote:
I also am ready, I believe that by the second home stand Chase will be buzzing like it use to be. I am excited about the prospect of being able to walk through those gates in just 2 short months. Of course fan fest will help as well.

Does anyone go to it? If so is it fun/worth going to? I tried to ask people's opinion of it on the other board and I only got 2 others opinions from you know who and they almost talked me out of going until I realized the source.

There is a "Fan Fest Thread" Here

I had a great time last year, and will be there with my daughter and dad this year... cant wait for anything related to baseballl..
xjwheelr
AA Prospect

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help but wonder if that "Laura" person lives in Chandler and is especially fond of Jeff Davanon...

Gonzo's best season last year?... wow.
dirtygary
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how Moorad and JB are saying we're going to compete, etc. Obviously they have to say that for the fan base, but it also tells those young guys that the honeymoon is very nealy over. This isn't a rebuilding year or anything, we promoted them because we think they can play ball at the top level and that is the expectation of them.

What did Crash say? "Scare them. They're young."

Hopefully Kirk Gibson will scare the sh*t outta them.
B. O. N. D.
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You read those comments and it really really really makes you appreciate what we have here... which is becoming more and more and island of sanity.

Quote:
Posted by: Jeff9444 (IP Logged)
Date: February 11, 2007 08:39AM

New onwnership and upper management are losers. But I'm 100% sure that the team will make a profit this year!

Pretty sure that's the biggerunit we've all come to love so much.

Quote:
Posted by: Ralph1999 (IP Logged)
Date: February 11, 2007 10:39AM

Gonzo's signing brings the Dodgers stability and means they will finish higher in the standings than the DBacks due to their consistency. They should more than make up the ten million in Gonzo Dodger jerseys and post seasons dollars while the D'Backs again sit and watch.

And I think this might be azphanxx.

You might be right about Laura as well.

Ahhhh, well... here's to Diamondbacks baseball and the DBBP!!!

The sane baseball forum. That doesn't suck.
whatuwant
AAA Stud

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most fans are just riding the wave. They see changes and that some very outspoken people are angry, they'll follow suit. As soon as this team starts winning and shocking people, the attitudes will change.

This is very consistent of Phoenix, very fickle fans. The year that the suns went to the playoffs with Marbury, they couldn't sell out their home PLAYOFF game...now look at all the lifelong suns fans. lol

honestly, if you think Gonzo is a good replacement for Drew, you're just being an Uber homer.
Aaron
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B. O. N. D. wrote:

Quote:
Posted by: Jeff9444 (IP Logged)
Date: February 11, 2007 08:39AM

New onwnership and upper management are losers. But I'm 100% sure that the team will make a profit this year!

Pretty sure that's the biggerunit we've all come to love so much.

Quote:
Posted by: Ralph1999 (IP Logged)
Date: February 11, 2007 10:39AM

Gonzo's signing brings the Dodgers stability and means they will finish higher in the standings than the DBacks due to their consistency. They should more than make up the ten million in Gonzo Dodger jerseys and post seasons dollars while the D'Backs again sit and watch.

And I think this might be azphanxx.

That is kind of my hope, that the internet negativity is largely 2 or 3 known trouble-makers trying to stir things up.

I have long discussions with my dad about why letting Gonzo go is a good thing. It's hard to deprogram the things that talk-radio tells him. And then he turns my "Gonzo is getting old, we need to play the younger players" argument against me when discussion Randy's return. In the end he's always willing to defer to my opinion, but I'm only one man living in a completely different state.

I think it's fair to say that the populace is at the least confused/puzzled by the direction of the team. Nothing but winning will change the confusion. Which of course was/is the entire point of letting Gonzo go. I echo the sentiments of Bring the Games On!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: