Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ever dream of working with the Diamondbacks?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TAP
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Ever dream of working with the Diamondbacks? Reply with quote

Here's your chance. 3 job openings covering your Arizona Diamondbacks... Cool

Stats Stringer:

MLB.com, the Official Site of Major League Baseball, is seeking stats stringers for the 2007 season. Stats stringers are responsible for digitally scoring games from one of the 30 MLB ballparks, which provides the live data used on MLB.com in our award winning applications, including MLB.com Gameday. This is a perfect part-time job for a diligent, responsible employee who happens to be a big baseball fan.

Responsibilities include:

- Arrive at the ballpark no later than one hour prior to the scheduled start time;
- Double-check and verify all pre-game information: rosters, umpires, weather conditions, etc.;
- During the game, enter the results of every pitch and game event (plays, substitutions, etc.) using our proprietary software and coding language;
- Work closely with our game-night support staff (via instant messenger) to ensure proper scoring of all game events and accuracy of data;
- After the game, enter all post-game information: winning and losing pitcher, saves, holds, time and attendance
- Validate all stats in software box score against the official box score provided by the Official Scorer, and print out a final box score and game text for the club PR staff

Qualifications include:

- Exceptional (and demonstrable) knowledge of baseball and how to score a baseball game;
- Strong computer proficiency (Windows OS and Windows-based software) and the ability to quickly learn and operate new software;
- Regular availability to attend games in-person nights and weekends;
- A "team player" with a great attitude, including but not limited to a willingness to make and learn from mistakes and the ability to work closely and cooperatively (and take direction from) our game-night staff;
- Professionalism. It's a fun job and we pay people to watch baseball, but it's also an important job and we want people who will take the responsibility seriously.

Note: Stats stringer job openings are subject to business requirements, and, as such, MLB.com positions may not be available with respect to all MLB teams. Only applicants that apply online will be considered. No phone calls please.

Pitch f/x Operator:

MLB.com, the Official Site of Major League Baseball, is seeking Operators for its Pitch f/x system for the 2007 season. Pitch f/x tracks every pitched baseball, calculating its trajectory and break, for television broadcast, Internet and stadium video production. It is the perfect part-time job for a diligent, responsible employee who also happens to be a big baseball fan.

- Arrive at the ballpark no later than two hours prior to the scheduled start time;
- Perform a ready-for-air check with the system’s Video Engineer;
- Double-check and verify both team's rosters, batting lineups, pitchers, and other pre-game information;
- Size the strike zone for each batter during the game;
- Enable and/or disable pitch tracking between innings;
- Work closely with the Video Engineer and MLB stats personnel to ensure accuracy of data;
- Provide detailed post-game reporting and recaps.

Qualifications include:

- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks in a timely manner;
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware and software;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to understand and follow baseball play during a game;
- Strong communication skills;
- Reliable transportation and cell phone.

Note: Pitch f/x Operator job openings are subject to business requirements, and, as such, MLB.com positions may not be available with respect to all MLB teams. Only applicants that apply online will be considered. No phone calls please.

Sports Reporter:

MLB.com, the Internet's fastest growing Web site the Official Site of Major League Baseball, is seeking freelance and/or full-time columnists to help cover Major League Baseball for the 2006 season. We're interested in candidates with solid reporting skills and a strong voice who are as well versed in writing about the sport off the field as they are about the games themselves.

- Column writing from live games across the country, as well as the news of the day off the field.
- Non-column writing that helps feed the beast that is a 24-by-7 deadline cycle.
- Factual reporting; intelligent writing.
- Nuanced analysis and insightful commentary.
- Professional representation of our company inside and outside our walls.
- Multimedia experience a plus.

Qualifications include:

- Four-year degree preferred.
- Passion for the sport, as well as a thorough knowledge of the sport.
- Experienced in writing on deadline.
- Able to produce clean, crisp copy.
- Team player to work in field, as well as with editors.
- Good communicator and well-organized.
- Self-starter with a wealth of ideas.
- Willing to travel.
- Bilingual a plus.

Note: Baseball reporter job openings are subject to business requirements, and, as such, MLB.com positions may not be available with respect to all MLB teams. Only applicants that apply online will be considered. No phone calls please.
Dangerfield
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Factual reporting; intelligent writing.

eliminates me I'm out. Sad

Bilingual a plus

and what does a person's sexuality have to do with sports reporting? Question
csktech
September Call-Up

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Ever dream of working with the Diamondbacks? Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
Here's your chance. 3 job openings covering your Arizona Diamondbacks... Cool

Stats Stringer:

MLB.com, the Official Site of Major League Baseball, is seeking stats stringers for the 2007 season. Stats stringers are responsible for digitally scoring games from one of the 30 MLB ballparks, which provides the live data used on MLB.com in our award winning applications, including MLB.com Gameday. This is a perfect part-time job for a diligent, responsible employee who happens to be a big baseball fan.

- Arrive at the ballpark no later than one hour prior to the scheduled start time;
- Double-check and verify all pre-game information: rosters, umpires, weather conditions, etc.;
- During the game, enter the results of every pitch and game event (plays, substitutions, etc.) using our proprietary software and coding language;
- Work closely with our game-night support staff (via instant messenger) to ensure proper scoring of all game events and accuracy of data;
- After the game, enter all post-game information: winning and losing pitcher, saves, holds, time and attendance
- Validate all stats in software box score against the official box score provided by the Official Scorer, and print out a final box score and game text for the club PR staff

Qualifications include:

- Exceptional (and demonstrable) knowledge of baseball and how to score a baseball game;
- Strong computer proficiency (Windows OS and Windows-based software) and the ability to quickly learn and operate new software;
- Regular availability to attend games in-person nights and weekends;
- A "team player" with a great attitude, including but not limited to a willingness to make and learn from mistakes and the ability to work closely and cooperatively (and take direction from) our game-night staff;
- Professionalism. It's a fun job and we pay people to watch baseball, but it's also an important job and we want people who will take the responsibility seriously.

Note: Stats stringer job openings are subject to business requirements, and, as such, MLB.com positions may not be available with respect to all MLB teams. Only applicants that apply online will be considered. No phone calls please.

I dont know about anyone else, but I think Shoe is perfect for this job. More qualified than anyone else I know.

what do you say Shoe, wanna do what you love professionally ?

Kyle
David B
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would require shoewizard to remain sober for an entire game. I'm affriad that's just asking too much of the man Smile
David B
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Ever dream of working with the Diamondbacks? Reply with quote

TAP wrote:
Here's your chance. 3 job openings covering your Arizona Diamondbacks...
MLB.com, the Internet's fastest growing Web site the Official Site of Major League Baseball, is seeking freelance and/or full-time columnists to help cover Major League Baseball for the 2006 season.

Obviously, timeliness and accuracy are not part of the job qualifications.
shoewizard
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I dont know about anyone else, but I think Shoe is perfect for this job. More qualified than anyone else I know.

what do you say Shoe, wanna do what you love professionally ?

Dabbled in something similar before for fun. Might do it again someday, but if I did, it wouldn't be for MLB. Committing the time is the major issue.

Quote:
It would require shoewizard to remain sober for an entire game. I'm affriad that's just asking too much of the man

OK...this is an issue too Embarassed
TAP
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Ever dream of working with the Diamondbacks? Reply with quote

David B wrote:
TAP wrote:
Here's your chance. 3 job openings covering your Arizona Diamondbacks...
MLB.com, the Internet's fastest growing Web site the Official Site of Major League Baseball, is seeking freelance and/or full-time columnists to help cover Major League Baseball for the 2006 season.

Obviously, timeliness and accuracy are not part of the job qualifications.

Great opportunity for a baseball historian. Laughing
tmar
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to get the job there of showing the concession people how to serve a prewrapped hotdog & a beer in less than 8 minutes.
matt
Veteran Presence

Location: Researching my theory that a lime hat is more effective than tinfoil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could show him how to make kick ass nachos also!
tmar
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone been to the new bar, Tyggos? I haven't seen it yet. I was supposed to go to the Monster Trucks last night with my kids but had a puppy problem.
TAP
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tmar wrote:
Has anyone been to the new bar, Tyggos? I haven't seen it yet. I was supposed to go to the Monster Trucks last night with my kids but had a puppy problem.

I was planning a lunch at Alice Cooper's place this Wednesday. If I recall correctly, Tyggos is the re-opening of your Jefferson St. Bar & Grill. Think this might be a better lunch choice? Reviews from anyone that's already been there?
McCray
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyggo's is going to have a schoolgirl skirt theme, right? or did i dream that?
DesertKnight
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCray wrote:
tyggo's is going to have a schoolgirl skirt theme, right? or did i dream that?

Given what "tiggos" means, I'd actually expect it.
tmar
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They told me one time it has something to do with the backward spelling of "big ole titties" something like tiggosbitties. I'd never heard of it and so dismissed it as an inside joke I wasn't privy to.
DesertKnight
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With apologies to Matt...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tiggo-bitties

There are actually six entries in here for variant spellings/capitalizations of "tiggobitties"--which in itself says something.
McCray
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, as sad as i am to see tmar's place go, this tyggo's doesn't sound half bad...

neat fact: me and the gf went on our first official date at tmar's. the first booth as you walk in the door, just off to the left. we both loved everything about tmar's (except the nachos, of course), so we kept going. it sort of became our place. we'd go to 20 some games a year, and eat at tmar's before, then drink afterwards. how great is it to have a gf whose favorite date place is a sports bar where the waitresses wear skimpy little outfits? and where one glorious time one of the hot little waitresses copped a feel of her ass? right in front of me!

*sniffle*

i'm gonna miss tmar's...
Dylan
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I've never dreamed of working for the Diamondbacks. Not one minute, not at all........
TAP
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dylan wrote:
No, I've never dreamed of working for the Diamondbacks. Not one minute, not at all........
Laughing
moviegeekjn
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dylan wrote:

yeah, right Cool

Hank, keep picking against my teams, please!!
David B
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually my dreams involve not working...for anybody.
csktech
September Call-Up

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David B wrote:
Usually my dreams involve not working...for anybody.

Im gonna respectfully disagree.. After two years of not being able to work, I look forward to finding a job again. Now it's just a matter of getting out of the boot and doing rehab and finding a job that won't stress the foot again.

thankfully the site is loading better now.

Kyle
Go Dbacks
David B
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool. Personally, I'd have no problem being an independently wealthy itinerant baseball fan, but to each their own.
moviegeekjn
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David B wrote:
That's cool. Personally, I'd have no problem being an independently wealthy itinerant baseball fan, but to each their own.

I'd also LOVE to be wealthy enough to be unemployable--could easily split my waking moments between baseball and movie fandom.

Hank, keep picking against my teams, please!!
TAP
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moviegeekjn wrote:
David B wrote:

I'd also LOVE to be wealthy enough to be unemployable--could easily split my waking moments between baseball and movie fandom.

With sufficient health, wealth, and outside interests, not working would be a living fantasy. However when you're not working because of health challenges as in Kyle's case, I completely understand his point of view.
foulpole
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would any of these positions include daily contact with Helen? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: