Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3B trade rumors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Projekt
AAA Stud

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I would not pull the trigger unless the players we get back make up the difference between Tracy and Callaspo or whoever we replace Tracy with.

Getting Gonzalez and another decent bullpen arm might just do it. As others have said, I think Callaspo could produce well from the lead off position, and if he and the other young players do a bit better offensively than projected, we could have a really good team. With a Bullpen anchored by Medders, Valverde, and Gonzalez, our pitching staff could be among the best in the league. We would just need some of our young players to progress offensively some.
tmar
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the traderumors.com site

Quote:
Pirates Still Chasing LaRoche, Tracy
Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette tells us that Pirate GM Dave Littlefield is under pressure to acquire a power bat before the season begins. The two main targets are still Adam LaRoche and Chad Tracy, but will Littlefield include a second Major Leaguer along with Mike Gonzalez? And if Kovacevic's report of Littlefield's mandate is true, isn't that leak detrimental to the GM's efforts?

The Bucs still refuse to include Chris Duffy or Paul Maholm in a two-for-one deal. Kovacevic speculates that another reliever might represent a compromise; if the Pirates need to include Salomon Torres they should do it. While it would decimate the bullpen it still makes sense to trade relievers for sluggers.

The article also mentions that trading for Ryan Church or signing Trot Nixon wouldn't fulfill the team's goal and seems unlikely. Options such as Geoff Jenkins or Jacque Jones could be pursued, however.
Dangerfield
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you had the option who would you trade, Chad T. or O'dog? If your Littlefield which trade do you make, including Atlanta/Yankees. Nothing worse as a player/coach, when a new Gm comes in. If Chad T is traded, the mlb board is going to bawl.

I'm not bullish on Ensberg, without knowing his shoulder problems at age 32. Now that said, 101bb's last year, tells me, he wasn't pitched too, in 127 games, so he was stuck expanding his k'zone. There is such a thing as no protection in this case.

I'm excusing myself from this one for now. Tracy and Hairston for Gorz and Nady. There is not one scout that doesn't drool over Nady, and not one stat guy that drools for him. Nady's is Pujol's identical twin, that just misses.
allstar
AAA Stud

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Nope Reply with quote

Chad Tracy for Mike Gonzalez and Chris Duffy would work.
But I would add someone like Carter, who is blocked here and is that "power" hitter the Pirates want if we could net Gorzeleny.
Dre
AA Prospect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangerfield wrote:

I'm excusing myself from this one for now. Tracy and Hairston for Gorz and Nady. There is not one scout that doesn't drool over Nady, and not one stat guy that drools for him. Nady's is Pujol's identical twin, that just misses.

Nady? You're kidding, right? First off, after 1200+ big league ABs it doesnt matter what scouts like about a guy. He's a serviceable OF but I wouldn't want him starting. He's an ideal spot starter, 4th OF, pinch hitter type in my opinion. Granted back in 2000 when he was a Padres prospect he had a huge ceiling and was very highly touted but never panned out.
Projekt
AAA Stud

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangerfield wrote:
Well, if you had the option who would you trade, Chad T. or O'dog? If your Littlefield which trade do you make, including Atlanta/Yankees. Nothing worse as a player/coach, when a new Gm comes in. If Chad T is traded, the mlb board is going to bawl.

I would rather trade O-dog, only because we can more easily replace his bat in the lineup. Instead of him, we would have Callaspo, who might not be as good defensively, but there wouldn't be that much of a drop off... And on offense, he would fit in a bit more, IMO. He would have a definite spot in the order, as opposed to Hudson, who we have never really been sure where to bat...
Bob A
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully we'll be smart enough not to trade Chad Tracy.

I wonder if the fact that we just agreed to terms with Valverde means that we can forget about trying to pry another closer away from the Pirates or anyone else for the time being.
Dangerfield
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob A wrote:
Hopefully we'll be smart enough not to trade Chad Tracy.

I wonder if the fact that we just agreed to terms with Valverde means that we can forget about trying to pry another closer away from the Pirates or anyone else for the time being.

Another reason, the dbacks won't be seeing lefties, they would be pounded into submission against us next year, so Chad T and Drew's stock go up. I'm almost thinking Chad T. is going to leave Wright and Cabrera next year to 2nd and third string. The guy can flat out rake, last year was a fluke year, the k's, I'm sticking to that.

his defense sucked balls, but he had range, so it came down to throws. F-it, Chad T, for gold glove. Next year is Chad T's year hitting behind Cj, and Cq. No he won't win the triple crown, but he may go for 120 rbi's.

He's going to lead the league in opportunity rbi chances. The problem with Chad T is gone. The problem with the team is gone.It went to Los Angeles.
B. O. N. D.
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: We Can Forget About Gonzalez Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam LaRoche-1B- Braves Jan. 17 - 4:48 pm et

ESPN.com is reporting that the Braves and Pirates have agreed to a swap of Adam LaRoche and Mike Gonzalez.
There was no word yet whether other players were involved in the deal, though the belief all along was that the Braves wouldn't make the trade without getting a second quality property back. The trade means Salomon Torres will likely take over as Pittsburgh's closer. Gonzalez will combine with Rafael Soriano to give the Braves the best setup tandem in the business.
Source: ESPN.com

tmar
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Atlanta traded Laroche to Pitt for Gonzalez

Quote:
The Pittsburgh Pirates, filling their need for a left-handed power bat, acquired first baseman Adam LaRoche from the Atlanta Braves on Wednesday for lefty reliever Mike Gonzalez, two sources confirmed to ESPN.com.
B. O. N. D.
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't say? Wink
Dangerfield
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez, Bay, LaRoche, Nady...not a bad middle...wilson a decent hit/run guy. Duffy a great base-stealer, he's a better obp than he showed last year, watch out for Pitt. Of course they're Pitt though...
misterx
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they have some nice young pitching to
Tucson DBacks Fan
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Gonzalez going to the Braves, it looks like Tracy will be back this year with the Diamondbacks.
YBC-Dog
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucson DBacks Fan wrote:
With Gonzalez going to the Braves, it looks like Tracy will be back this year with the Diamondbacks.

It's been pretty clear with the way we've dangled Tracy out there on several trades now that we are uncomfortable with his defense at 3B or his increasing strikeout rate (something?), so I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up still trading him before the beginning of the season.

Who's still looking for a left-handed 1B/OF?
foulpole
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YBC-Dog wrote:
Who's still looking for a left-handed 1B/OF?

Maybe the D-Backs are?
tmar
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ensberg avoids arbitration gets 1 year deal for 4.35MM.
csktech
September Call-Up

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCray wrote:
tmar wrote:
Uh yeah, sorry about that. I just don't get to meet most boobies I see on the internet and now that I don't own a bar I don't get to see many boobies at all.

Sad

tmar, no need to apologize. she got a kick out of it. Very Happy and hey, she knew what she was getting into when she drunkenly posted her boobs on the internet.

seriously, though: josh byrnes, if you're reading, she's willing to do any photos that keep chad tracy in arizona. anything.

Waaaa I wanna see Mrs MC to be boobies! Its discrimnation I tell you.. Just cuz I was so mentally challanged and didnt move to this board till January I miss boobies... There outht to be a law.

Kyle
who oddly enough is obsessed with redheads, just ask my lovely lady. thankfully she's open to new colors... but dont ask for pics, she already nixed that one.

Go Dbacks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Team News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: