Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
USA 2, Mexico nada

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EvilJuan
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: USA 2, Mexico nada Reply with quote

Ordinarily, I'm about the last person on earth who's going to watch a soccer game, in person or on TV.

However, given that the game was being played locally, and that there really wasn't anything really worth watching last night, I would check in periodically -- and found myself watching for some extended periods.

The US team actually looked like they knew what they were doing... I was impressed -- and I saw both goals! (Not just the replays...)

Just what I needed, of course: another sporting event to watch on TV. (Mrs. Evil will be so thrilled... not.)

But it was a good game -- at least, the parts I watched.
qudjy1
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: USA 2, Mexico nada Reply with quote

EvilJuan wrote:
Ordinarily, I'm about the last person on earth who's going to watch a soccer game, in person or on TV.

However, given that the game was being played locally, and that there really wasn't anything really worth watching last night, I would check in periodically -- and found myself watching for some extended periods.

The US team actually looked like they knew what they were doing... I was impressed -- and I saw both goals! (Not just the replays...)

Just what I needed, of course: another sporting event to watch on TV. (Mrs. Evil will be so thrilled... not.)

But it was a good game -- at least, the parts I watched.

I watched it as well... I really like watching soccer, and find it to be very entertaining (i know, i know)...

i particularly liked the G for mexico trying to take out the American player after the second goal.. so much for the "Friendly" match...
Hank
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the first half was dreadful, but the second half was very entertaining. The US still does not generate enough offense out of its regular offense and depends too much on set pieces to score. The last goal for Donovan was a gift--the ref was just in the right place to deflect the ball to Donovan.

Mexico probably outplayed the US end to end--they certainly had a lot more quality chances, but the US always beats Mexico in the US. It was fun to watch the Mexican fans suffer. lol
moviegeekjn
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had known about this... I would have been very tempted to check it out live. I was semi-cursing myself for booting a chance to be there. (Someone needs to market this game better)

Hank, keep picking against my teams, please!!
pedrini
A-Ball Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was there in the game, it was a good one and the section that was next to mine had a problem, when the second half was about to start, the fans started to fight, people jumping over the seats to throw kicks, it was very cool, but then the police came and took the ones who where fighting out of the game.
shoewizard
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it was very cool

Why is violence in the stands at a sporting event cool?
stu
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone needs to market this game better)

The game was sold out by the morning of the game.
moviegeekjn
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stu wrote:
Someone needs to market this game better)

The game was sold out by the morning of the game.

I don't watch enough Spanish language soccer games on TV Confused

Hank, keep picking against my teams, please!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: