Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index Diamondbacks Bullpen
The baseball forum that doesn't suck

Home       News Feed 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Max Scherzer only unsigned player remaining from 1st round
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Farm Implements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ-DBACKS-FAN
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so if we dont sign him we are assed out!

anyone know what his demands are?

Like to think im a trend setter
TAP
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Piecoro this morning wrote:
Byrnes has continued discussions with Scott Boras, the agent for unsigned first-round pick Max Scherzer, but the negotiations have not picked up speed.

Should Scherzer, a right-hander out of Missouri, not sign by June 1, the Diamondbacks would receive the 63rd pick in the 2007 draft as compensation.

It's unknown how new rules - rules favorable to the clubs - could have an impact on Scherzer's decision to re-enter the draft.

This year's picks will have an Aug. 15 signing deadline, and teams that fail to sign their picks will receive near identical compensation picks the following year.

link
whatuwant
AAA Stud

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the organization feels good about Scherzer, they'll sign him in the end...it was the same thing with Drew. Same agent, same timeline, midnight signing and what not
stu
Everyday Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting comment by Nick about the unknown of how the new rule will affect Max if he reenters the draft. You have to think they won't help him.

As to dealing with Boras, “You know it likely will be a long process, it likely will go down to the wire, it likely will be intense and it is quite likely to include a little drama,” Lucchino said.

From the same article about Boras, “I[Boras] kept on telling Jason, ‘You’re special, you are a leader, you are someone who has that sense of commitment.’ This man could not catch. And he took a racquetball, a thousand a day, to improve his hands,he was so driven. I’m sitting there at the draft and I couldn’t get anybody to pay him what I knew was his value.

Have we heard any of the Dbacks young players who have had trouble with their hands doing this?
qudjy1
Veteran Presence

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stu wrote:
Interesting comment by Nick about the unknown of how the new rule will affect Max if he reenters the draft. You have to think they won't help him.

As to dealing with Boras, “You know it likely will be a long process, it likely will go down to the wire, it likely will be intense and it is quite likely to include a little drama,” Lucchino said.

From the same article about Boras, “I[Boras] kept on telling Jason, ‘You’re special, you are a leader, you are someone who has that sense of commitment.’ This man could not catch. And he took a racquetball, a thousand a day, to improve his hands,he was so driven. I’m sitting there at the draft and I couldn’t get anybody to pay him what I knew was his value.

Have we heard any of the Dbacks young players who have had trouble with their hands doing this?

Im sorry stu... what article are you reffering to about boras???
Aaron
MLB Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Jim Callis' ESPN.com chat:

Quote:
Rick (freeport, me): any word on if Max Scherzer is close to signing?

Jim Callis: Nope. Still expect him to sign in the next couple of weeks, but not hearing anything specific and still will be puzzled at how he's going to command more than slot money.

Jim said something similar last week, that Scherzer didn't fall in the draft because of signability and therefore shouldn't expect much more than slot. I have my doubts Boras thinks the same...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamondbacks Bullpen Forum Index -> Farm Implements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: