Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Baseball Matters » Rest of the West

Page 1 of 37 [ 734 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next

Post subject: Dodger News
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:03 pm 

Ned Colletti...

If he is giving up that much for Dotel, I'm really curious to know what the Haren trade that JB had set up with them was.

"Sheboygan lager BABY!"

Last edited by trKOR on Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Dodger Problems
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:16 pm 

No Dodgers thread should be without mention of this

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/07/21/don- ... -a-dearly/

Post subject: Re: Dodger Problems
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:53 pm 

The market for relievers sucked for buyers this year. Matt freakin' Capps netted Ramos, when he was rumored earlier to be the main piece in a Cliff Lee trade.

And also, this is the guy that gave up Carlos Santana for Casey Blake. And Santana is a really good guitarist.

Post subject: Re: Dodger News
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:30 am 

Rotoworld lol -

Quote:
An MRI on Manny Ramirez's injured calf was postponed because the outfielder came down with a case of claustrophobia.
Just when you thought you'd heard it all, we have yet another case of Manny being Manny. In reality the postponement isn't really a big deal, as he continues to receive treatment and should get the MRI soon, but it does seem to speak of Manny's lack of eagerness to get back to the Dodgers lineup. There's currently no timetable for his return.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:22 am 

Oden wrote:
Rotoworld lol -

Quote:
An MRI on Manny Ramirez's injured calf was postponed because the outfielder came down with a case of claustrophobia.
Just when you thought you'd heard it all, we have yet another case of Manny being Manny. In reality the postponement isn't really a big deal, as he continues to receive treatment and should get the MRI soon, but it does seem to speak of Manny's lack of eagerness to get back to the Dodgers lineup. There's currently no timetable for his return.

:lol:

Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:05 pm 

Actually Claustrophobia is a very real concern with patients getting an MRI. It's very common, and why they ask you if you're claustrophobic before you get in the things.

A lot of people are claustrophobic and don't even realize it.

I have a friend that is a very big guy, bigger than me, and he had a slipped disc in his back. He also had a pretty severe case of claustrophobia. He had to get an MRI, and I actually had to sit at the end of the tunnel and take extra radiation hits so that I could hold his hand and talk him through it and keep him from freaking out.

check out THIS LINK

Quote:
Magnetic resonance imaging, a diagnostic tool that scans the body using powerful magnets, has revolutionized modern medicine in the 30 years since it was introduced. The scanners can find tumors and other medical problems before they become deadly.

As with many things, though, the solution sometimes creates problems of its own. In this case, it is MRI claustrophobia, in which patients having an MRI are seized by anxiety attacks so severe that they sometimes try to crawl out of the machine or require anti-anxiety drugs to get through the scans. Some patients are so afraid they refuse medically necessary scans.

“I was feeling anxious about getting in the car and even going there,” said Kim Blarimore, a 55-year-old from Columbus, Ga., of an MRI scan three years ago. “The thought of being stuck in that chamber made me sick.” As her breathing became shallow, the MRI technicians tried to talk her through it, to no avail. Only the anti-anxiety drug Xanax, prescribed by her doctor for this eventuality, was of any help.

MRI practitioners say they frequently see similar reactions. One 1998 study by the department of psychology at the University of British Columbia examined the level of fear induced in 80 adults undergoing their first MRIs; 25 percent experienced moderate to severe anxiety.
Technicians don’t have much time to head off such incidents. “Most panic attacks begin with the patient screaming, 'Get me out of here!' and then trying to crawl out of the unit,” said Dr. Steven Sommerville of NEWisconsin MRI Center in Green Bay, Wis. “Worried patients start to breathe erratically. As less oxygen goes to the brain, the patient’s heart rate goes up and they become hot and sweaty.”

Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:13 pm 

Yeah, I don't think this is a case of Manny being an idiot, as much as want it to... because I love laughing at him. :D

Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:14 pm 

shoewizard wrote:
Actually Claustrophobia is a very real concern with patients getting an MRI. It's very common, and why they ask you if you're claustrophobic before you get in the things.

A lot of people are claustrophobic and don't even realize it.

I have a friend that is a very big guy, bigger than me, and he had a slipped disc in his back. He also had a pretty severe case of claustrophobia. He had to get an MRI, and I actually had to sit at the end of the tunnel and take extra radiation hits so that I could hold his hand and talk him through it and keep him from freaking out.

check out THIS LINK

I'm extremely claustrophobic; it's very real and is pretty much the only fear I've never been able to overcome.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:01 pm 

I've had MRI's, so I know how close it is in there. I had to take one over 3 times because they couldn't get a clean pic and it sucked. It's just fun to make fun of Manny.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:21 pm 

With over 200 million in career earning and two world series rings, I'm sure he's laughing too.....all the way to the bank.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm 

Maybe they'll have to spring for one of them new fangled open-MRI's

Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:49 pm 

Dodgers just lost a 9-2 lead to the Phillies in the last 2 innings. Bullpen, including Broxton, just fell apart.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:15 am 

Oden wrote:
Dodgers just lost a 9-2 lead to the Phillies in the last 2 innings. Bullpen, including Broxton, just fell apart.

I thought we traded Chad Qualls to Tampa?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:16 am 

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/08/d ... -kemp.html

Kemp not happy. Thats a shame.

Quote:
"I'm almost to the point — and maybe so are the Dodgers — where I'm thinking that this just isn't going to work," Stewart told Plaschke. "The Dodgers have gaps on this team, and maybe they could fill them by trading Matt. It could be good for the team, and good for the player."

Stewart has not formally demanded a trade, but says it’s “very, very difficult to play under the circumstances that Kemp is playing under." Frustrated with inconsistent play from their center fielder, the Dodgers have benched Kemp, most recently this week. That doesn’t mean they intend to make a deal, though.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:20 am 

Jeez, not happy? He won the division twice in a row and suddenly now that they aren't first he cries.... Let's hope he gets traded to Cleveland for 3-4 prospects.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:49 am 

dbacks_Nation wrote:
Jeez, not happy? He won the division twice in a row and suddenly now that they aren't first he cries.... Let's hope he gets traded to Cleveland for 3-4 prospects.

Sounds like the coaches are riding him hard. Some guys just dont respond to that.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:44 pm 

I think it's more that the coaches are badmouthing him in plublic.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:39 pm 

This is a big :oto me:

Rotoworld - Jonathan Broxton has been stripped of the closer's role following Thursday's blown save.
Hong-Chih Kuo will replace him for now. Broxton pitched three scoreless innings in his first two appearances of the month, but he had a horrible outing Thursday after sitting four straight days. It's quite possible the lack of activity has had something to do with his struggles. Usually a very busy reliever, he hasn't worked on back-to-back days since July 8-9, and he's made just eight appearance since the break. Aug. 13 - 5:48 pm et

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:58 pm 

If I were a Dodger fan, I'd be pretty damn frustrated with the way the team is handling things right now. They seem to be falling apart--and not just in terms of performance. Honestly, I think I'm a little more comfortable with our plan moving forward than whatever it is they're doing.

"Sheboygan lager BABY!"

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:39 pm 

trKOR wrote:
Honestly, I think I'm a little more comfortable with our plan moving forward than whatever it is they're doing.

I think i would take thier farm team and potential for money over ours.

Page 1 of 37 [ 734 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next

Board index » Baseball Matters » Rest of the West