Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Farm Implements

Page 2 of 2 [ 39 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Jake Lamb
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:16 pm 

2 for 5 with a HR and 1 RBI tonight, 7/3. 2 SO, however.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:41 pm 

Promoted to Reno.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:48 pm 

Hopefully they call him up Sept 1 , and play him every day to close out the season. Find out if he'll be there at Opening Day 2015

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:53 am 

Dre wrote:
Hopefully they call him up Sept 1 , and play him every day to close out the season. Find out if he'll be there at Opening Day 2015

Hopefully a Sept. callup isn't the only basis for whether he will be the opening day starter at 3B in 2015.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:06 am 

Part of that may depend on now Marte plays. If Marte plays well in August, should we give him the time at third to see how he does?

That doesn't mean don't bring up Lamb, but it may affect his playing time. When Owens gets back, we will have an overload of mediocre infielders even without Lamb. PT may be an issue in evaluating these guys which is all the season has come to.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:22 am 

I would hope Lamb gets the 3B job out of ST without having to look over his shoulder. I think we've seen (Pollock and Eaton) what the results can be when that happens

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:20 am 

dbackfanron wrote:
I would hope Lamb gets the 3B job out of ST without having to look over his shoulder. I think we've seen (Pollock and Eaton) what the results can be when that happens

That is what should happen, the job should be his to lose when he gets it, not another Mickey Mouse competition that seem to be the team preference when there are alternatives.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:36 am 

Interesting piece on the future by Jim at Snakepit. As to Lamb in Septmeber he sadi this:

"While many fans wanted to see the beginning of the Jake Lamb era at third-base, that seems unlikely to happen before next spring. The main reason for this, is to do with the 40-man roster and the Rule 5 draft in December. Lamb has not been in the system for long enough to need protecting, but if he was brought up now, he would need to be added to the 40-man roster, thereby taking a slot away from another prospect, and leaving them exposed to being selected by another team. Once on the 40-man, a player more or less has to stick there, so it's not as if we can add Lamb for the rest of the year, then drop him in November."

As to winning the job before ST, I have always thought that the team should know enough about a player before ST to make these decisions. The Dbacks in the past obviously have felt that they don't so they have these competitions in the spring.* Sometimes it pays off as when Corbin beat out Delgado for the starter's job. But query why the Dbacks did not know how good Corbin was going into the spring.

* There are exception such as if you see a guy has a weakness exposed in the spring that needs work--but these should be the exception not the rule. You should basically know the strengths and weakness through 800+ pa's in the minors, not 40 in ST.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:06 pm 

KT did say on 910 yesterday that we could see Lamb and Bradley in September

7:40 in

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:03 pm 

I'm not sure I buy that 40-man roster stuff. There will probably be at least three openings on the present 40-man in November. Pennington, Andy Marte, Kieschnick, and maybe even Ross. Hudson also may not be on the 40-man in early December and then resigned later in the month.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:12 pm 

JoeCB91 wrote:
KT did say on 910 yesterday that we could see Lamb and Bradley in September

7:40 in

Do we believe anything KT says?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:13 pm 

Do you know how you can tell KT is lying?

His lips are moving.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:25 pm 

3/5, HR, 2K, SB
Played 3B & 1B FWIW.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:38 am 

3 for 5 with a BB, 2B, 2 RBI on Sunday.

My prediction: If he continues to produce he will be in a Dbacks uniform on the 22nd when the Dbacks come off of their ten game road trip to play San Diego. He should have at least 75 ABs at AAA under his belt.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:04 am 

dbackfanron wrote:

My prediction: If he continues to produce he will be in a Dbacks uniform on the 22nd when the Dbacks come off of their ten game road trip to play San Diego. He should have at least 75 ABs at AAA under his belt.

I knew I had seen some place that TLR was not impressed by Lamb. It was here.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1586&p=166129&hilit=lamb#p166129

Do you still feel this is true?

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:57 am 

It's really hard to read TLR in this new role. I haven't heard him have positive statements about any of the Dbacks MiLB players, other than those just drafted. It will be interesting to see what is said in the pre-game shows this week when some of the execs are on. In recent broadcasts I have heard Bert give some props to Lamb, so maybe the company line is changing.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:41 pm 

dbackfanron wrote:

I am going to the game on the 24th so I would LOVE to see that

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:23 am 

dbackfanron wrote:
I'm not sure I buy that 40-man roster stuff. There will probably be at least three openings on the present 40-man in November. Pennington, Andy Marte, Kieschnick, and maybe even Ross. Hudson also may not be on the 40-man in early December and then resigned later in the month.

The 40-man stuff would hold true for an organization with a depth of talent. If this team can't find a couple of roster spots to trim they haven't tried very hard.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:26 pm 

SL-MVP Jake Lamb! Congrats!

Page 2 of 2 [ 39 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Farm Implements