Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Farm Implements

Page 1 of 2 [ 39 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Jake Lamb
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:44 pm 

I think it's time Jake had his own thread.

Seems like a good time to move him up to Reno.

Post subject: Re: Jake Lamb
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:23 pm 

dbackfanron wrote:

I would send him straight to the Majors. He's not going to learn anything at Reno in the PCL. If he can produce like he has in Mobile a very tough pitchers league I would say go the Reynolds/Upton/Parra route.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:57 pm 

IA DBACK wrote:
dbackfanron wrote:

I would send him straight to the Majors. He's not going to learn anything at Reno in the PCL. If he can produce like he has in Mobile a very tough pitchers league I would say go the Reynolds/Upton/Parra route.

I agree, but the problem is there's an $11,000,000 contract penciled in at 3rd base for this season and for 2015 and for 2016. Towers isn't likely to let that money sit on the bench (especially since it represents the main return on his J-Up dump), which means Jake would gather splinters on the back of his pants instead of playing regularly.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:14 pm 

Our third baseman at Reno is Andy Marte who is 30* and hitting 315/380/523. He was once a top prospect. I think I traded him 2002 to Lev for Chad Qualls.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minor ... rte-001and

*Dominican age

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:43 pm 

TAP wrote:
IA DBACK wrote:
dbackfanron wrote:

I agree, but the problem is there's an $11,000,000 contract penciled in at 3rd base for this season and for 2015 and for 2016. Towers isn't likely to let that money sit on the bench (especially since it represents the main return on his J-Up dump), which means Jake would gather splinters on the back of his pants instead of playing regularly.

Move Prado to the OF.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:56 pm 

Yeah, he can platoon with Parra Clearly declining vs. righties as he ages

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:12 pm 

TAP wrote:
IA DBACK wrote:
dbackfanron wrote:

This is very true. He will be stuck in the minors along with Drury until he trades them for dimes on the dollar. I was just pointing out that as evaluation Reno really doesn't give any insight and really don't learn anything as a hitter there.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:20 pm 

I just want to call him up.

This team is sunk, no reason to have Prado or Hill here right now, you can probably get some value for both of them and then Owings/Didi/Lamb can play every day.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:45 pm 

JoeCB91 wrote:
I just want to call him up.

This team is sunk, no reason to have Prado or Hill here right now, you can probably get some value for both of them and then Owings/Didi/Lamb can play every day.

Prado for J-Up? Make the call, KT!

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:25 pm 

Wren would probably trick him into taking BJ instead

Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:58 am 

JoeCB91 wrote:
Wren would probably trick him into taking BJ instead

:lol:

Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:03 am 

Maybe its just a coincidence but both Drury and Lamb didn't play tonight. Didn't even PH and both played close games. Extra innings in Mobile's case.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:26 am 

Lamb did PH last night. He probably didn't start because he played in back-to-back double headers last Sunday and Monday and needed a day off.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:24 pm 

dbackfanron wrote:
Lamb did PH last night. He probably didn't start because he played in back-to-back double headers last Sunday and Monday and needed a day off.

Didn't see that originally. Thanks for pointing it out I was thinking the worst for a minuet.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:02 pm 

1 for 3 in the ASG.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:06 pm 

Pretty much every day when you check the minor league news, he does something good on the field. Probably going to have to call him up soon.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:30 pm 

JoeCB91 wrote:
Pretty much every day when you check the minor league news, he does something good on the field. Probably going to have to call him up soon.

He hit one last night into the "Riverwalk Porch" in RCF. It's a lot like the Petco porch only it's in the gap where the wall jumps in about 10 feet and its a picnic area with all the state,national, league flags. It's about a 10 foot section but if an OF that's inexperienced mis reads the ball and hits that railing it can kick all the way into CF which is what happened yesterday and Lamb got a triple.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:56 pm 

Slumping in his last ten games at .211, .279 obp and 29% SO rate. I guess he's not ready for the Majors yet. He probably will be a Sept. callup.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:30 pm 

dbackfanron wrote:
Slumping in his last ten games at .211, .279 obp and 29% SO rate. I guess he's not ready for the Majors yet. He probably will be a Sept. callup.

There was once a theory that a club should let a player struggle at least once in the minors so that he can learn failure (which will happen in the majors at least for periods of time) and adjust. Obviously, you don't carry this to extremes, but a period of failure is not necessarily a bad thing.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:52 pm 

Pretty much all I am looking forward to this year, along with the Dungslinger being gone, is Lamb being called up (which hopefully means no more GIDPrado too)

Page 1 of 2 [ 39 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Farm Implements