Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Gameday Threads

Page 7 of 7 [ 125 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post subject: Re: 10/01 - Dbacks @ Royals
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:03 pm 

EvilJuan wrote:
Thank you, TDS, for another great season with you as the anchor of the gameday threads. :applause:

well, you are welcome
Of the 162 games, I did most of them except for a few technical issues, appointments, and taking the Mrs. off
to visit her lifelong friend who lives on the side of that mountain way north of here.
I have been thinking lately how much I miss Jimbo. He was always there every game to do the PxP and I would try
to be his color man and add what I could. I had the freedom to work on pictures, maybe not be there for every pitch,
and still you guys always had him to be the PxP man. I have found it is easier to be the color man than do the
PxP.
As for the future, I still have so many technical issues with MLB-TV. Without it, I can't see the game as it is being
played and can't comment on the way the plays are handled. Gameday will be there for free and you can esaily
do a PxP using it, but it's not the same as being able to watch the action. The problems have screwed up the play
by play for many games and I can't give you the full coverage that I would like.
Additionally, I am not getting any younger
and it takes a lot of work to do these, and organizing my schedule to be available for every game. You should
also thank the Mrs. for being patient, losing me for 3-4 hours every game day. She has voiced no objections, and
understands that you guys really appreciate what I do here.
I really can't guarantee anything for next year. Heck, once you get this old, you may not see another season.
Just have to wait until March to see what's what.
Regardless of what happens on Wednesday, I am 100% satisfied with this season. We had the first winning record
since 2011, and the phenomenal job in resurrecting the quality pitching has hopefully paved the way for winning
seasons to continue next year and in the future. I go into the off season feeling good that maybe the Dbacks have
finally figured this out.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:13 pm 

So now it is on to Wednesday, and the wild card game. Just knowing that the Dodgers will be watching should be motivation enough. That winning the wild card game gives the Dbacks a shot at Big Blue with everything on the line. That truly should make any
dedicated competitor salivate. YOU WANT THE DODGERS, DON'T YOU,BOYS!!!! (no question marks, just exclamation points).
YOU WANT TO BEAT THESE BUMS, DON'T YOU!!!! MOTIVATION ENOUGH to WIN ON WEDNESDAY.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:18 pm 

Congratulations to Chris Herrmann - his 2 for 2 day got his career average up to .200!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:28 pm 

TheDesertSurfer wrote:
EvilJuan wrote:
Thank you, TDS, for another great season with you as the anchor of the gameday threads. :applause:

well, you are welcome
Of the 162 games, I did most of them except for a few technical issues, appointments, and taking the Mrs. off
to visit her lifelong friend who lives on the side of that mountain way north of here.
I have been thinking lately how much I miss Jimbo. He was always there every game to do the PxP and I would try
to be his color man and add what I could. I had the freedom to work on pictures, maybe not be there for every pitch,
and still you guys always had him to be the PxP man. I have found it is easier to be the color man than do the
PxP.
As for the future, I still have so many technical issues with MLB-TV. Without it, I can't see the game as it is being
played and can't comment on the way the plays are handled. Gameday will be there for free and you can esaily
do a PxP using it, but it's not the same as being able to watch the action. The problems have screwed up the play
by play for many games and I can't give you the full coverage that I would like.
Additionally, I am not getting any younger
and it takes a lot of work to do these, and organizing my schedule to be available for every game. You should
also thank the Mrs. for being patient, losing me for 3-4 hours every game day. She has voiced no objections, and
understands that you guys really appreciate what I do here.
I really can't guarantee anything for next year. Heck, once you get this old, you may not see another season.
Just have to wait until March to see what's what.
Regardless of what happens on Wednesday, I am 100% satisfied with this season. We had the first winning record
since 2011, and the phenomenal job in resurrecting the quality pitching has hopefully paved the way for winning
seasons to continue next year and in the future. I go into the off season feeling good that maybe the Dbacks have
finally figured this out.

Hey DS, thanks also for the threads, comments, analysis, and of course the camaraderie while we debated and "solved" the problems of the team. I've really enjoyed this season too, and you are a huge part of it.

Shout out to Justin and EJ for filling in on the days DS couldn't make it/

LETS GO D BACKS !!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:27 am 

EvilJuan wrote:

Concur. Many thanks!

2014: What a joke; Team. Manager. GM. CEO. Cindy Brunson. Todd Walsh. Steve Berthiaume. Polo shirts. Entire organization. I want to insert that 18-inch corn dog into each one of their a$$es...slowly. Then re-sell the corn dogs to Dodger fans.

Page 7 of 7 [ 125 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Gameday Threads