Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Gameday Threads

Page 1 of 4 [ 76 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: 2017 Cactus League ST Games Thread
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:21 pm 

I figured I'd create a catch all thread for the spring games. Today was day 1 for the DBacks. I know it's early but I would have liked to have seen a better outing from Archie: 1.1IP 5H 5ER 2BB and 1K.

On a side note, I'm planning a trip with my family to come out and catch some games during spring break (last week of March) if anyone wants to meet up for a game or two.

Post subject: Re: 2017 Cactus League ST Games Thread
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:43 am 

Might be able to do that. Have to see.

PM me when you know exactly what games you are going to and where your seats are.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:52 am 

DBACKSHEELSPANTHS wrote:
I figured I'd create a catch all thread for the spring games. Today was day 1 for the DBacks. I know it's early but I would have liked to have seen a better outing from Archie: 1.1IP 5H 5ER 2BB and 1K.

On a side note, I'm planning a trip with my family to come out and catch some games during spring break (last week of March) if anyone wants to meet up for a game or two.

During the off -season I got a state of the art new puter. If there is video available, I will try to
do some PxP. I hope it will be better than yesterday.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:57 pm 

TheDesertSurfer wrote:
DBACKSHEELSPANTHS wrote:

During the off -season I got a state of the art new puter. If there is video available, I will try to

Do you have the broadcast schedule too ?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:35 pm 

shoewizard wrote:
TheDesertSurfer wrote:
DBACKSHEELSPANTHS wrote:

Do you have the broadcast schedule too ?

I'm checking with the MLB-TV skeds at MLBdotcom and The MLB Network upcoming games on my Comcast guide
so far both games have been radio only and I don't think I can give you more than gameday is already doing
without seeing the action.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:33 pm 

ST starts 0-2, which causes me to wonder if we are going to start the season 0-7. We have a hard time beating SF at home and them Cleveland comes in. The Rocks outscored the Dbacks 14-5 in the two games, 11 of the runs coming in the first four innings, and 10 in innings 2-4. Game one was over after 4 innings, today's game after 2. Dnacks had a lead for only two of the 18 innings. No excuses here. It's the first two games of ST for the Rockies as well as the Dbacks.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:47 pm 

TheDesertSurfer wrote:
ST starts 0-2, which causes me to wonder if we are going to start the season 0-7. We have a hard time beating SF at home and them Cleveland comes in. The Rocks outscored the Dbacks 14-5 in the two games, 11 of the runs coming in the first four innings, and 10 in innings 2-4. Game one was over after 4 innings, today's game after 2. Dnacks had a lead for only two of the 18 innings. No excuses here. It's the first two games of ST for the Rockies as well as the Dbacks.

Really? After two games? Did you see who played today? I mean, I know that they probably won't be very good this year but you might be overreacting a little bit over two games. Remember last year when they had the most wins in spring training? I just want the players to be working on their stuff, figuring out what works and what doesn't. Now it's the time to do that. Don't put too much stock on wins or losses.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:34 pm 

DBACKSHEELSPANTHS wrote:
shoewizard wrote:
Might be able to do that. Have to see.

PM me when you know exactly what games you are going to and where your seats are.

Ditto here.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:40 pm 

pete25 wrote:
TheDesertSurfer wrote:

Really? After two games? Did you see who played today? I mean, I know that they probably won't be very good this year but you might be overreacting a little bit over two games. Remember last year when they had the most wins in spring training? I just want the players to be working on their stuff, figuring out what works and what doesn't. Now it's the time to do that. Don't put too much stock on wins or losses.

Yes, they did well in ST last year, and then came the real season. Sorry you think I was overreacting, but these two were not even close. Hopefully, things will be better as it goes
along but it's hard to be encouraged after these first two. I don't put much stock in ST wins and losses, but I don't put much stock in this second-rate pitching staff. And I don't put
much stock in these guys who came from the winning Red Sox organization and to this losing
outfit. Talk about culture shock. Is there a team shrink available for counseling?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:52 am 

The pressure to defend the Cactus League Crown is too much for this group! :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:48 am 

At least they aren't filling us with false hope again

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:22 pm 

TheDesertSurfer wrote:
I'm checking with the MLB-TV skeds at MLBdotcom and The MLB Network upcoming games on my Comcast guideso far both games have been radio only and I don't think I can give you more than gameday is already doing

Save your stuff for the regular season, big guy. That's when we REALLY need you. ;)

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:02 pm 

EvilJuan wrote:
TheDesertSurfer wrote:
I'm checking with the MLB-TV skeds at MLBdotcom and The MLB Network upcoming games on my Comcast guideso far both games have been radio only and I don't think I can give you more than gameday is already doing

Save your stuff for the regular season, big guy. That's when we REALLY need you. ;)

Well, yeah, but I gotta try a few games with this hot new puter see how it works before April arrives.
And they won one today. Listened to the last few innings and Marty Brenneman said, "someone has to win". Reds started 0-3, now 0-4. And we start 0-2
Got an early 3-0 lead thanks to three gift runs from three errors by the Reds infield. About winning or losing in ST, Jeff Brantley said thisL "When you are a competitive
person you want to win, and not just go out there and play."

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:35 pm 

So after beating Texas 8-4 yesterday by getting 4 runs off a AA flunkee, the Dbacks issue 9 walks today, three from starter Robbie Ray, and lose to the Chisox but ONLY by 3-2.
And yes, the winning run scored by way of a leadoff walk. Fleck almost got out of it by striking out two straight batters but then Leery Garcia singled home the game winner
in the last of the 9th. Since ST games don't usually go extra innings the Dbacks could have salvaged a 2-2 tie, but didn't happen. So far our hurlers just make me want to hurl.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:02 am 

TheDesertSurfer wrote:
So far our hurlers just make me want to hurl.

SSDD :roll:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:58 pm 

EvilJuan wrote:
TheDesertSurfer wrote:
So far our hurlers just make me want to hurl.

SSDD :roll:

SSDD? IDKWTM :?:
Turned the game off today mid-8th inning
after leading 6-0, Padres now lead 9-6
I forget, which one is it, sadism or masochism?
self-torture trying to deal with it
Oh well, there is another game later tonight as part of the split-squad double dip. Is that what SSDD is?
It's against the Cubs
Oh joy! :('
<following a long walk to try to regain some form of sanity>
and 9-6 is the final. Was thinking, maybe SSDD stands for Same Shit, different day.
Same as DDDD (D4) i.e., Daily Delivery of Duplicated Defecations.
* * * * * <And Later That Night...> * * * * *
A good start by Shelby Miller, a three run bomb from Jason Pridie and
great relief work ends the day on a positive and encouraging note
with a 3-1 win over the Cubbies.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:48 pm 

TheDesertSurfer wrote:
Was thinking, maybe SSDD stands for Same Shit, different day.

You are correct, sir. 8-)

Shows my age, of course; "Single-Sided Double Density" - and I remember those as an ADVANCE in storage media... :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:13 am 

EvilJuan wrote:
TheDesertSurfer wrote:
Was thinking, maybe SSDD stands for Same Shit, different day.

You are correct, sir. 8-)

Shows my age, of course; "Single-Sided Double Density" - and I remember those as an ADVANCE in storage media... :lol:

I had to google it, I have heard of floppy disks, though... :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:02 am 

Apparently Miller hitting 97 routinely and touched 99 last night. 3IP, 6K, 1H. This guy might have a chance.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:51 pm 

I was at the game yesterday, Archie looked really good.

the second single of the first inning was just a swinging bunt that landed in no mans land between pitcher and 3rd.

The leadoff single of the first by Margot on a 3-1 count, and a warning track fly ball in the 3rd were the only hard hit balls in the 3 innings.

MOST importantly he was getting called strikes with the curve and he had plenty of swings and misses on the FB

Really encouraging outing.

Page 1 of 4 [ 76 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Gameday Threads