Post subject: Re: Astros vs Dbacks home and away series 5/30 - 6/2
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:54 pm 

wedge wrote:
    nice blown HR call, Bert :lol:

"AND THERE IT GOES!!! offthewall its a double"

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:58 pm 

Weeks. Keuchel 89 pitches going in. Singles to center
      Beef: Stroscasters think he might bunt. Does he know how? long drive left center, lands at the left edge of the rise out there for a double. Weeks scores 1-0 AZ. no throw home.
      Lamb: inside and Lamb was looking for it to break and it didn't and he gets hit in the hand. first and second, and Lamb is appears to be OK and AJ Grinch wants to know if it hit the end of the bat. challenged. call should stand. and it does.
      Owings: shows bunt and takes a strike. Owings didn't get the memo either. singles up the middle, left of the bag, Beef scores without a throw. 2-0 AZ.
      Neshek has been warming and here he comes so Keuchel kraps out at 98 pitches.
      another by-product of the curse of the 100 pitch limit. Guys aren't used to pitching more than that so around 100 they crap out easily. Unlike the old days when they'd care less about a pitching limit and some guys, like Early Wynn, could pitch for an eternity and rarely miss a start.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:06 pm 

Drury:
        Devenski warming for the Houstons. flies to Gomez in right center. Lamb heads for third, throw cut off at short, and the flip to second not in time to get Drury. second and third 1 out
        Ahmed: I keep waiting for the suicide squeeze. flies to Gomez in center, throw goes to third, Lamb scores, Drury holds second. 3-0 AZ
        Segura:
        raining outside. strikes out swinging. At the stretch 3-0 AZ
        more rain for Richmond and Rosenberg, already flooded. Been watching that on the news. I would just never live in Texas. If it's not the tornadoes, it's the floods.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:16 pm 

Rasmus :ZG 87 pitches going in
          grounds to Segura in the shift, from the outfield grass gets out 1
          Gattis: meeting on the mound with the infield. Not sure why. swing and a miss at one in the dirt, Beef to first, 10Ks for ZG
          Valbuena: 94 pitches. single right center, hit hard enough to beat Segura on the shift
          Gomez: 100 pitches. struck out twice so far. foul right to go 0-2. strikes out swinging in the dirt. ZG wins his duel with DK. 3-0 AZ after 7

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:19 pm 

wedge wrote:
            I inferred it from this in Boivin's piece she ran last night:

Quote:
            After a rocky start, Zack Greinke is pitching better and has a 4-1 record with a 3.82 ERA during his last five appearances.

He is not the pitcher who posted a 1.66 mark last season, and one can’t help but wonder if he was more comfortable as the No. 2 behind Clayton Kershaw. He has talked in the past about managing social anxiety disorder and depression.

Yes I was told about it from somebody with the organization before the season and told not to say anything. I didnt see it mentioned in any of the stuff from the media when he became a DBack so I was kinda surprised it was mentioned by Paula in last nights column.

Dont know what the big deal would be if it was already out there and public knowledge.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:23 pm 

Devenski pitching, Bourn Hitting: shows bunt, then high and away 2-0. Huddy warming.
              3-1 now. and he gets a walk.
              Goldy: Bourn steals second. Good throw but Meals called him safe and here comes AJ Grinch. will be reviewed, and should be overturned as Bourn was a foot away from the base when the tag was made. Throw was not to the base but got him and the call is overturned. WTG Meals. Good thing MLB umpires never get fired.
              Goldy stands 1-0 and pops to Altuve behind first base. 2 out
              Weeks: popped off behind first and Marwin has it. Going to last of 8, here comes Huddy to protect the 3-0 lead, and apparently there is some kind of heavenly dictum that seems to put ZG at a health risk if he exceeds 100 pitches.
              3-0 AZ going to last of 8

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:28 pm 

The Shadow wrote:
                wedge wrote:

Quote:
                After a rocky start, Zack Greinke is pitching better and has a 4-1 record with a 3.82 ERA during his last five appearances.

He is not the pitcher who posted a 1.66 mark last season, and one can’t help but wonder if he was more comfortable as the No. 2 behind Clayton Kershaw. He has talked in the past about managing social anxiety disorder and depression.

Yes I was told about it from somebody with the organization before the season and told not to say anything. I didnt see it mentioned in any of the stuff from the media when he became a DBack so I was kinda surprised it was mentioned by Paula in last nights column.

Dont know what the big deal would be if it was already out there and public knowledge.

I did google it and there were some results from a few years back about him having depression. Most of them were about the anxiety though.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:32 pm 

one would figure the lead is safe with Huddy pitching.
                  Marwin: way outside called strike 1. fouled left 0-2. 2-2 now. high heat swing and a miss. 1 out
                  Kemp: looks at two hittable strikes 0-2. Bradley vs. Lackey tomorrow. foul on a big swing trying to do his Babe Ruth imitation. strike 3 called high and away and out of the zone.
                  Springer: grounds to Lamb, throws to the home side of first, but Goldy is able to tag him going by which underscores the necessity of getting the throw to first as soon as possible in case it is wide, your firstbaseman can have a chance at a tag.
                  after 8
                  3-0 AZ

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:39 pm 

Beef starts the 9th, Devenski still pitching: Z is warming
                    strike 3 called and it's inside and out of the zone. 1 out
                    Lamb: I don't think I've ever seen BUCKETHEAD miss calls the way Kulpa is going today. foul and stands 1-2. swing and a miss on an offspeed 2 out
                    Owings: bunt left side, and left of the mound and Valbuena eats it. With Devenski falling off to his left, no way he can get to that ball.
                    single
                    Drury: bounces right side and with Devenski falling off to the right, it's right in his glove.
                    HOUSTON!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:41 pm 

The Shadow wrote:
                      wedge wrote:

Quote:

Yeah, that's weird. There was a big thing about him basically going MIA and almost walked away from the game while he was with the Royals and he was pretty open about it when he came back. He said a couple years ago he's over it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's still dealing with it to some degree since that type of thing never really goes away.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:49 pm 

Z for the save
                        Altuve: I gotta see if the team shop has JOE patches for sale. grounds back to Z, 1 out
                        Correa: smash past Ahmed on his left, single.
                        Rasmus: If a Z frisbee comes right over the plate, as it did to Correa, it's going to get smashed. shot to the right side hole, diving stop by Segura, gets the force at second, and I'm not sure that was the right move with a three run lead. easier play to first for an out.
                        Gattis: Z spins him around with the frisbee to go 0-2. Rasmus to second on indifference
                        swing and a foul tip held, and the Dbacks win 3-0. Save 38 in a row for Z.
                        and with a Greinke start, the game comes to a logical conclusion, and now it's on to Chicago. MUST win every time Greinke starts

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:41 pm 

Missed this game completely. Just watched the highlights. What an outing for Greinke. Wished I'd been up for this one.

He's got his ERA all the way down to 4.29.

The Diamondbacks are akin to a snakes and ladders board. Every now and again they land on one of the small ladders, but as soon as they do they find a way to then land on one of the long snakes. Goneforaburton75

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:13 pm 

shoewizard wrote:
                            Missed this game completely. Just watched the highlights. What an outing for Greinke. Wished I'd been up for this one.

He's got his ERA all the way down to 4.29.

Take away the 2 7-run debacles and it's a respectable 3.56

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:30 pm 

Even with some of Greinke's better starts this season this is the first time it has really felt like we were watching the Ace he was in LA

Page 10 of 10 [ 194 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Gameday Threads