Forum    FAQ

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Gameday Threads

Page 9 of 10 [ 194 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Astros vs Dbacks home and away series 5/30 - 6/2
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:23 pm 

Springer. First pitch rolled wide of first, Greinke covers 1 out
    Altuve: after Springer swung at the first pitch, ZG lays the first one right in there thinking they won't swing at the first pitch back to back. Fly to mid left-center, Owings comes in for it. 2 out
    Correa: quick 0-2. continues to work him high. comes with low heat and strikes him out swinging. Scoreless after 1
    we are ONE WEEK away from the draft. coverage on MLB Network

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:28 pm 

tomorrow's game also on MLB Network
      Beef: ripped through the left side hole for a single
      Lamb: leaves one up and hit to Altuve for a quick 4-6-3
      Owings: grounds to Correa, unloads quickly, going to last of 2 scoreless
      appears that with Greinke out there, Dbacks will be a little more aggressive than usual and that's a good thing. Find something early in the count you can hit, and hopefully no more DPs

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:39 pm 

Rasmus: Tyler White not playing today, which helps the Stros. Some guy in a shark costume that says "Great White". (sad). Curve strikes him out swinging.1 out
        hanger, but he gets away with it
        Gattis: almost didn't get away with it there, as he misses the pole by a few feet on the foul side. Castro, the left handed hitting catcher, too ill to play today. runs it to 3-2. grounds to Ahmed, 2 out
        Valbuena: bunts on the 2-1 and rolls foul about 10 feet short of the bag. taking advantage of the shift. high hard one swing and miss. after 2, scoreless. Sign in stands saying "Valbuena, Houston loves you". Good! They can keep him, especially the other day when he was too lazy to get out of his teammates' way trying for a foul ball.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:49 pm 

Drury: bouncer just out of Altuve's reach for a single
          Dbacks 5th in NL in runs scored. Shall we discuss runs given up? Let's not
          Ahmed: shows bunt, takes high 1-0. full swing and a can of corn to Gomez in center. 1 out
          Segura: DH, no pitchers hitting. in the dirt and bounces past him. Maybe he doesn't know how to use the chest protector to block. wild pitch. chopper to third, TAGS Drury coming down. Segura safe on FC. Why do you send a guy to third if the ball is hit there? Segura to second on another wild pitch. Gattis blocked it this time but couldn't get the ball in time to get off a throw.
          Bourn: Kulpa's strike zone appears to be erratic. slow grounder to Altuve, high throw in time. going to last of 3. scoreless
          Pence goes back on the DL with a hammy.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:54 pm 

Gomez: strike out swinging (K#4) on a low and away breaker 1 out
            Marwin Gonzalez: slow roller on the first base line, Greinke gets it, Marwin is by him so he has to throw to first but gets the out. 2 out
            Kemp: .200BA. strike three called on high heat. 5 Ks, perfect through 3. scoreless
            ZG looking like the ZG I used to see wearing Dodger Blue

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:00 pm 

Goldy; grounds to Valbuena on the first pitch. 1 out
              Weeks: turquoise colored shoes. What a fashion statement! Kim is jealous. quick 0-2
              goes to 3-2. strike 3 called on the low outside. So much for protection. 2 out
              Beef: easy bouncer to Valbuena at third. Going to last of 4, scoreless
              The average person watching this might think nothing is happening and be totally bored, but we're watching two quality pitchers at work carving up the offenses. Artistry in progress for those who can appreciate it.

Last edited by TheDesertSurfer on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:01 pm 

Ok I have to ask, why do the DBacks have Soooooooo many different uniforms this season? What is the logic behind that?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:03 pm 

goneforaburton75 wrote:
                  Ok I have to ask, why do the DBacks have Soooooooo many different uniforms this season? What is the logic behind that?

Growing the #Brand > Winning

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:08 pm 

JoeCB91 wrote:
                    goneforaburton75 wrote:

Not working then. In all the time I have been a baseball fan I would say that the Dbacks seem to be the least fashionable team in the whole of the MLB. Sometimes I kind of feel like even half of America and the rest of MLB have not even heard of us. :?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:12 pm 

Springer: dunker into center and Owings is too far back to catch up to it despite scrambling in hard. single
                      Altuve: slow grounder to short, flips to second, Segura throws the relay over the dugout into the stands. E-4 Altuve on second.
                      Correa: popped up behind second, Ahmed has it
                      Rasmus: MLB Network has switched to the Dodgers-Cubs game
                      The ivy looks all green and lovely. strikes out down and in swinging 6Ks after 4 0-0

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:13 pm 

goneforaburton75 wrote:
                        JoeCB91 wrote:
                        goneforaburton75 wrote:

Not working then. In all the time I have been a baseball fan I would say that the Dbacks seem to be the least fashionable team in the whole of the MLB. Sometimes I kind of feel like even half of America and the rest of MLB have not even heard of us. :?

underneath all the pretty uniforms, there is still an inferior product. "Clothes make the man" apparently doesn't apply in baseball.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:14 pm 

I've actually seen a lot of Dbacks fans online defending the jerseys too.

"The kids love them!" Yeah, people my age also think this looks good so you aren't exactly appealing to discerning eyes there Mr. Hall.

I do like the white and teal ones so it isn't all bad. But it is mostly just weird stuff that doesn't look right on the baseball field.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:18 pm 

both pitchers at 53 pitches
                            Lamb starts the 5th: quick 0-2. strike 3 called at the knees. 3K's for DK
                            Kulpa was calling those balls earlier when they were even higher. You gotta protect with Kulpa calling it like this.
                            ?: low roller to short, 2 out
                            Drury: another one way low called a strike. What a crap shoot! big hook and Drury with a big swing, misses by a mile. HALFWAY and no score.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:19 pm 

JoeCB91 wrote:

"The kids love them!" Yeah, people my age also think this looks good so you aren't exactly appealing to discerning eyes there Mr. Hall.

I do like the white and teal ones so it isn't all bad. But it is mostly just weird stuff that doesn't look right on the baseball field.

I wouldn't care if the uniforms were purple with pink polka dots, if they played good baseball. :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:24 pm 

Gattis: high fly center and Owings takes it short of the track and the hill out there 1 out
                                Valbuena: liner to left and Drury has it front of the wall, 2 out
                                Gomez: Urias getting pounded 4-0 in the 4th at Wrigley. swing and a miss K#7.
                                Appears to me the pitchers are getting calls because they're pitching a great game
                                after 5
                                scoreless

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:26 pm 

JoeCB91 wrote:

Yeah, that "this looks good" does look good if you're chinese and working the rice fields somewhere in suburban Shanghai.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:35 pm 

Ahmed: Yep, the pitchers are pitching well and with Kulpa helping them out, it makes it easier on them. low called strike 3 and Ahmed has some choice words for Kulpa. 1 out
                                    Segura: BETTER BE SWINGING GUYS!!! breaker, swing and a miss 2 out, and he has to swing at that because Kulpa is calling everything low as a strike
                                    Bourn: 3-2. Ball 3 almost in the dirt so Kulpa had to call it a ball. Keuchel came high and Bourn smashed it into right for a single. Why he came high when he's stealing strikes down low is beyond me.
                                    Goldy: quick 0-2. Kulpa and his Texas size strike zone. fouls off a fat one to stay 0-2.
                                    bouncer right on the line to Valbuena, long 121 foot throw in time. going to last of 6
                                    nothing but goose eggs

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:47 pm 

Marwin: ZG at 67 pitches going in
                                      Monster bomb by Bryant and Urias continues to be pounded 6-1 in the 5th
                                      strike out swinging for 8 Ks, tying ZG season high
                                      Kemp: leaves it up and fat and ripped into center for a single
                                      Springer: 2 check swings and that's K #9 for ZG
                                      ZG kept him wickedly off balance
                                      Altuve: pokes it into right for a single, Kemp to third.
                                      nice piece of hitting
                                      didn't wait for the perfect pitch, just looked for something he could hit
                                      and it was way outside the zone and not a strike
                                      Correa: slow roller to Segura and the threat is extinguished
                                      scoreless after 6
                                      looks like this game may well be decided by the bullpen which is not good news for the good guys

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:51 pm 

nice blown HR call, Bert :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:53 pm 

IA DBACK wrote:
                                          It seems like the last 4 seasons our pen has had to be used an awful lot. Maybe not just seems that way

we lead the league in IP by relievers at 194 innings.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/sta ... order/true

Page 9 of 10 [ 194 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Gameday Threads