Forum    FAQ

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Gameday Threads

Page 1 of 8 [ 142 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Dbacks vs Marlins 5/3 - 5/5
 Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:00 pm 

We face two LHP in this series, so I assume Chip still won't let the best 3B on the roster start games because of that.

Post subject: Re: Dbacks vs Marlins 5/3 - 5/5
     Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:41 pm 

JoeCB91 wrote:
      We face two LHP in this series, so I assume Chip still won't let the best 3B on the roster start games because of that.

But since he can't hit LHP, why take a chance that he proves them wrong? Or maybe they're trying to coddle him, and improve his self esteem, somewhat like marketing a defective product with extra hype to hide the flaws.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:17 pm 

Got Rich Waltz on the Fishnet tonight. Old buddy who used to do Marinercasts. The Fish
        also lament playing better on the road than at home. Justin Bour's comment: "It's early in the season and I'm sure it will even out. We just gotta play hard." How original. I think players are like chatty Cathy dolls. They will talk but their program is limited so they just say the same things over and over.
        Drury is batting second and hitting .315. gives you an option when Lamb, hitting .188 against lefties, warms the pine when lefties take the hill.
        And Gosselin leads off, tees up his ball, and hits a nice drive down the fairway with a slight fade to the right. Nicolino gets two first pitch strikes. And Drury tees up his ball, hits it toward the dogleg right, nice and high. Nicolino:three first pitch strikes. 0-2 on Goldy. comebacker to Nicolino. Nine pitch first inning 1-2-3. This is like one of those boring movies that starts out real slow, and you hope it gets more interesting as it goes along.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:19 pm 

So, looking at the stats I guess all it took to stop Prado from being a double play machine was leaving Arizona?

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:28 pm 

Bizarro. Realmuto, the CATCHER, is LEADING OFF. Corbin's first pitch is ball 1. ball 2. Nicolino throws strikes out of the chute. And there is Donnie baseball smiling as Realmuto blasts one off the left field wall for a double. Just don't call him Donnie manager. Mar-TEEN! strike 1. wow, dunker into center, single, Realmuto to third. Fish wasting no time. Preston Wilson doing color said Realmuto should have scored. Relax, Pres, he probably will anyway. Yelich, NL leader in hitting lefty vs. lefty. low 2-1. Corbin behind again. nice breaker, swing and miss 2-2. in the dirt 3-2. If I'm Yelich, I'm sitting on the breaker. up the middle, force at second, Realmuto scores and I told you so, Pres.
            no chance for a DP. Ahmed lucky to get to it and get it to Goss. OMG, here's Giancarlo.
            behind again 2-1. Ominous. comebacker to Corbin, force at second. suckered him outside and barely got the wood on it. Ozuna 0-2, swing and a miss. suckered him low, check swing, called strike 3. So after 1 inning, behind already 1-0

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:30 pm 

JoeCB91 wrote:
              So, looking at the stats I guess all it took to stop Prado from being a double play machine was leaving Arizona?

I kinda think players play better elsewhere because they are allowed to play their game rather than be squeezed into a mold called "The Diamondbacks Way" which, at one time, I thought worked. As it hasn't produced a winning season in what seems like forever, I've lost faith in it

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:30 pm 

Marlins

J.T. Realmuto(R) C
                Martin Prado(R) 3B
                Christian Yelich(L) LF
                Giancarlo Stanton(R) RF
                Marcell Ozuna(R) CF
                Chris Johnson(R) 1B
                Adeiny Hechavarria(R) SS
                Miguel Rojas(R) 2B
                Justin Nicolino(L) P

Diamondbacks

Phil Gosselin(R) 2B
                Brandon Drury(R) 3B
                Paul Goldschmidt(R) 1B
                Rickie Weeks(R) LF
                Yasmany Tomas(R) RF
                Welington Castillo(R) C
                Chris Owings(R) CF
                Nick Ahmed(R) SS
                Patrick Corbin(L) P

ARI:Patrick Corbin(L) (1-3, 4.88)
                MIA:Justin Nicolino(L) (1-0, 0.00)

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:32 pm 

Yikes at that OF "defense"

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:36 pm 

First pitch strike and Weeks about kills Jessica with it in the camera well. missed a fat one there. another hard hit ball, foul again. and then he singles to center. Been looking good lately, I wonder where he has been all these years. Maybe he'll be someone who came to Arizona and actually played BETTER. Waltz talking about catchers leading off. I think Manny Sanguillen did a few times. Tomas fouls off a 2-0 hit and run. Still looks like he wants to go to right all the time. try it again, foul it again. Tomas is a good hit and run guy because he's a free swinger. Nicolino wondering if we'll try it again. throws high outside so Hale wisely took off the hit and run. 3-2. not running and Tomas gets a walk :o

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:45 pm 

sizzler to left and the bases are loaded and nobody out. Donnie puzzled as to what happened to his pitcher. Here comes Nieves the pitching coach. Jason Kendall led off 452 times. Kurt Suzuki, 24 games for Oakland in 08. Russ Martin for the Dodgers.
                      swing and a miss 0-1. Owings hungry for a salami. foul right. 0-2. you KNOW the breaker is coming. low 1-2. dunker to right falls in, run scores. Stanton gets a force at second. held up at first to see if it was caught, it wasn't. Goes as an RBI and a fielder's choice. NOT A HIT! Ahmed nearly takes one out to the right. high fly center, Ozuna has it, and fortunately it was deep enough that Tomas can score. But did he leave early?
                      review shows he did not and Donnie will not challenge and look like a dum dum....again!
                      Corbin. So the Dbacks get a lead and I don't understand why Nicolino wasn't as aggressive in that inning, as he was in the first.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:54 pm 

It's what Waltz calls "twitter Tuesday" they are taking tweets with questions and answering them. This is cool stuff. I wonder if Buffoon answers ANY tweets. Never answered any of mine so I gave up. two outs, Corbin seems to have the situation under control. Nicolino gone in three, looking like a blind man swinging up there. So it's 2-1 AZ after two. After the three big guns went quietly in the first, the others got it done in the second. This is balance, and sorely needed.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:02 am 

TheDesertSurfer wrote:
                          It's what Waltz calls "twitter Tuesday" they are taking tweets with questions and answering them. This is cool stuff. I wonder if Buffoon answers ANY tweets. Never answered any of mine so I gave up. two outs, Corbin seems to have the situation under control. Nicolino gone in three, looking like a blind man swinging up there. So it's 2-1 AZ after two. After the three big guns went quietly in the first, the others got it done in the second. This is balance, and sorely needed.

I do remember Sutton reading tweets occasionally on the air.

Bert is a company man through and through so I assume he only responds to the positive stuff

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:03 am 

And Gosselin tees it up, and smacks it down the center of the fairway slightly to the left.
                            1 out. Nicolino shaky again. 3-1 on Drury. single to left. focus on MLB-TV sucks. Hope I get to see what Goldy does here. Waltz and Wilson just drooling over Goldy, about how great he is. Hale shakes his head as Goldy takes a low blown call for 2-1. 3-1. single to left. Weeks flies to center. Nicolino thanks whatever he worships that he got away with one. foul back 0-1 on Tomas, still swinging for right. breaker strike outside corner 0-2.
                            comebacker to Nicolino and two stranded.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:11 am 

Marteen hits one off his shoetops for an easy out. 2 out. If I were Yelich, I'd try a bunt.
                              Interesting comment by Wilson on the sac fly that scored Tomas. Tomas is free to run as soon as the ball touches the glove. Doesn't have to be securely in the glove like first base. Yelich strikes out. Shoulda bunted. Anyway, Wilson says if the ball had to be securely in the outfielder's glove, he could juggle it all the way into the infield and throw out the runner at home.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:16 am 

Was listening on radio on drive home.....sounds like a promising game.

Gotta cash in with some base hits W/RISP now

The Diamondbacks are akin to a snakes and ladders board. Every now and again they land on one of the small ladders, but as soon as they do they find a way to then land on one of the long snakes. Goneforaburton75

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:20 am 

Miami 2-7 at home, 10-5 on the road. Marlins hitting 48 points less at home, says Craig Minervini. Prado makes a bare hand gun down. 1 out. Can still play defense.
                                  Losing at home is an epidemic this year
                                  Ahmed single to center, Owings on third 1 out. Ahmed 35 feet around first, but gets back with a swan dive. Corbin up, perfect spot for a squeeze. TLR knows how to do it. Wonder if he'll let Hale try it. 0-1. Nicolino taking his time. there's a nice bunt! Oh, but Owings holds third. woulda scored on the suicide.
                                  second and third two out. Gosselin tries the left side of the fairway this time and he picks up his clubs, and he, Ahmed, and Owings head on to defense.
                                  I thought Hale was a riverboat gambler. must be retired.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:22 am 

shoewizard wrote:

Hale just played it safe with Corbin bunting, rather than gamble on the suicide. If Owings had been thrown out, the Dbacks wouldn't have scored in that inning. But they didn't score, so no difference.
                                    Might as well take a chance and get 1 run if you're going to bunt

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:24 am 

TheDesertSurfer wrote:
                                      shoewizard wrote:

Hale just played it safe with Corbin bunting, rather than gamble on the suicide. If Owings had been thrown out, the Dbacks wouldn't have scored in that inning. But they didn't score, so no difference.
                                      Might as well take a chance and get 1 run if you're going to bunt

Yeah, but bunt was too hard, for sure would have been out.

Worst team in the majors W RISP this year.

The Diamondbacks are akin to a snakes and ladders board. Every now and again they land on one of the small ladders, but as soon as they do they find a way to then land on one of the long snakes. Goneforaburton75

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:25 am 

Wilson, you dum dum. He says that should have been a hit because the official scorer apparently doesn't realize how hard it was hit. 104 MPH. But hell, it was hit RIGHT AT HIM and he should make the play. E-5 is the scoring, and the scorer has it right.
                                        Stanton on first no one out. Ozuna hits one deep foul left and some idiot forgot his glove and tries a bare hand catch. ouch! way to NOT impress your girlfriend, hot shot.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:27 am 

I agree too, error.

Pretty bad throw too

Page 1 of 8 [ 142 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Gameday Threads