Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Team News

Page 62 of 64 [ 1263 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next

Post subject: Re: The Chase experience and attendance
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:52 pm 

So, let me see if I got this right: After you had made it to the top, they took you down to the lowest level? ;)

I'm sure that there will be some people who will have complaints, but I have to say that, when we have been at the ballpark, the people we encounter from the Diamondbacks organization have all been more than pleasant, and helpful in every regard. Well, maybe not when it comes to a, "I must be in the front row!" types of experience... :lol:Sounds as if you and your kids had quite the special time! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:45 pm 

John, that is such a great story and I am so pleased you shared it with the board.

I have been beyond frustrated with the baseball operations for years, culminating in a rather critical frontal assault to hold them accountable. But this gave me pause to reflect and reminds me that there are strengths in that front office and the way they treat their 'customers' is one of their greatest strengths. I would be proud to be associated with an organization that engages in the kind of customer service you described.

That is simply off the charts and I am delighted to hear that you and your family were the beneficiaries of it.

I have had the privilege of enjoying a very small handful of 'magical' moments with my wife and daughter over the past couple of decades and completely understand how moving, meaningful and memorable those are. May you enjoy (and cherish) many more of those moments.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:39 am 

I didn't see this mentioned during the game thread yesterday. Check out how these girls are totally into the game on 9/30:
http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/201 ... _1200K.mp4

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:53 pm 

matt wrote:
I didn't see this mentioned during the game thread yesterday. Check out how these girls are totally into the game on 9/30:

Now now Matt, the narcissistic youth of America today can't let something like a ballgame (that they paid money to get into) get in the way of valuable "selfie time."

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:00 pm 

matt wrote:

Oh, I mentioned it. Several times. I might not have directly said that, but my post about "who Bert is currently stalking" and "I see the booth are in full fuck it mode" and something about why are we showing a bunch of 16 year old girls, allude to it... :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:41 pm 

My comment was just a "Bert, I do not care about this" thing

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:24 am 

JoeCB91 wrote:
My comment was just a "Bert, I do not care about this" thing

Perhaps DH should do some much needed market research to find out why they go to Chase for selfies, and promote it to that demographic to boost attendance and elevate the ultimate fan experience to unimaginable heights.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:52 am 

The latest update

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/heat-index/2015/10/02/diamondbacks-reach-out-selfie-taking-sorority/

Quote:
Alpha Chi Omega at Arizona State University would like to thank the Arizona Diamondbacks and Fox Sports for reaching out to the chapter after last night’s game and subsequent media frenzy. We appreciate their generous offer of tickets to tonight’s game. However, instead of chapter members attending the game, we have asked the Diamondbacks and Fox Sports to provide tickets to a future game for families at A New Leaf, a local non-profit that helps support victims of domestic violence.

Today, October 1, marks the beginning of Domestic Violence Awareness Month. If everyone who viewed this statement took the time to make a donation in recognition of domestic violence awareness, which is Alpha Chi Omega’s national philanthropy, we would be so grateful! We are happy to have the opportunity to shed some positive light on such a sensitive subject. All proceeds will go directly to A New Leaf to help struggling Arizona families get back on their feet by providing housing, food, childcare and more. You can donate using the link below. We appreciate your support!

I've seen a lot of things where people thought Bert and Bob were being dicks during that segment too. I thought they were just being annoying. Personally, I can get distracted by my phone if I am watching something too, and I have often played a video game while watching TV (MULTITASKING!) so I have no room to joke about them.

If that is what they want to do, good for them. At least someone was at the game. And they were in the upper deck, so not as much of a chance to get hit by a foul ball. I was just tired of hearing them go on and on about it so long.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:08 am 

B&B were just making some jokes. The funny thing is that the refusal of the tickets shows that Hall can't even give tickets away!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:48 am 

LOL'd at this quote from an article on the the Brewers SBN blog

Quote:
Perhaps the best part of this story is one that’s been ignored in a lot of the wealth of articles I’ve seen about it. The broadcasters literally ask fans to send in pictures of themselves as part of an on-screen promotion during the litany. Of course, they do so without an ounce of irony.

So Brenly and Berthiaume are shaming these women for doing something they’ve just explicitly been asked to do. And that Fox Sports is making money from.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:38 pm 

Geez, talk about the white knight rushing to protect m'lady. Some people need to pull the stick out of their butt.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:40 pm 

D Backs making a push for a new stadium

Quote:
PHOENIX (KSAZ) - The capacity for Chase Field is just over 48,500 fans, but the boss of the D-Backs says that's too big.

"There has been a lot of speculation over the years and that is because our building is too big," Arizona Diamondbacks CEO Derrick Hall said, on the "Doug and Wolf Show" on Arizona Sports 98.7. "I mean, to have nearly 50,000 capacity for this market is too much and at the time, I understand why we built it that way. Coors Field had just opened, it was that large and filled up each game. It is hard to believe we will be the fourth-oldest facility in the league."

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:21 pm 

I seriously doubt the current ownership group is willing to cover 50% or more of the financing and that's the only way they'll get interest in a new stadium. If they want to sucker Talking Stick into paying for most of it, fine. I'd love to have it be located on the east side. Otherwise, they're not getting taxpayers to kick in much of anything these days. AT&T Park was paid for with 100% private financing. Follow that model, please.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:13 pm 

I'd rather see them just remove seats than build a new stadium.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:14 pm 

If they want to build a new stadium with their own money then go for it!

But of course they want the public to foot most of the bill and in this case that isn't something I would be in favor of.
Also saying that it the the forth-oldest facility in the league is a bit disingenuous IMO (they are referring to just the National League and are already counting Atlanta with a new stadium even though it isn't completed yet).

But of course that sounds better than saying 15th oldest in Major League Baseball.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:27 am 

This is an impressive attempt to fail upwards: Fail to put a consistently high-quality product on the field and attract fans, then complain that there are too many seats in the ballpark.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:17 pm 

Telling everybody Chase is too big and the 4th oldest in the league probably won't help attendance, either.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:06 pm 

Strebor wrote:
This is an impressive attempt to fail upwards: Fail to put a consistently high-quality product on the field and attract fans, then complain that there are too many seats in the ballpark.

cc: Oakland A's, despite Billy Beane's best efforts.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:27 pm 

Strebor wrote:

I wish I could favorite and retweet this post.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:53 pm 

Put it up on Twitter anyway so others can favorite and RT it

Page 62 of 64 [ 1263 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Team News