Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Team News

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Kevin Towers has cancer
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:32 am 

I've known for a while and may have mentioned it, but not much, as it wasn't made public, until last night's game when during the Stand Up for Cancer segment, AJ Hinch let the world know

My understanding is it's throat cancer, and he's had it a while and not doing well.

As perhaps the most strident critic of KT during and even after his tenure here with Arizona, maybe it's appropriate that I am the one to post this. This is a reminder to me that its just a game, and most of us are good people just trying to do the best we can on this planet during our precious little time allotted here.

I wish KT all the best, hope that he is able to fight this, and recover.

Post subject: Re: Kevin Towers has cancer
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:03 pm 

Thank you for posting this, shoe. Yes, we often tend to forget to distinguish the office from the person. I was definitely not a fan of KT during his tenure as GM; but that doesn't mean that I wish him ill as a person. May the Lord have mercy on him and on his family during this most difficult time.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:39 pm 

Thank you for posting this, shoe. Very sad news. KT did nothing malicious to earn our criticisms here. He merely made baseball decisions we didn't agree with. I wish him and his family all the best in this fight against a most heinous disease.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:08 pm 

David B wrote:
Thank you for posting this, shoe. Very sad news. KT did nothing malicious to earn our criticisms here. He merely made baseball decisions we didn't agree with. I wish him and his family all the best in this fight against a most heinous disease.

Our criticism was based on his job as GM here and in San Diego as far as I'm concerned and nothing personal. I think that was/is fair game. For me, it's the same with D. Hall. My criticism is with certain areas of his job performance and nothing personal. I would never wish either of them bad fortune in their lives away from baseball.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:16 am 

I remember he kept losing his voice while in AZ. Was always raspy in interviews after. Wonder if connected. thoughts and prayers to KT.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:33 am 

yeah, wishing the best for the guy and hope he recovers. I hated his tenure as GM, but never thought anything unkind about him as a person.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:11 am 

My sister-in-law's brother went through throat cancer 4-5 years ago. He successfully beat it, but went through hell to do it. Lost parts of his tongue, which affected his speech and swallowing. Wish KT the best.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:03 pm 

I've known for awhile as well, and wish KT nothing but the best.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:52 pm 

Coming from someone who has lost 3 grandparents to that awful disease, I wish KT the best. I pretty sure someone told me about it awhile ago but I didn't even think about it until I seen AJ's sign.

My criticism came from his decisions at the helm and certainly nothing personal. I also certainly believe he thought he was doing the best for the team.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Team News