Yes, that's a NEGATIVE 0.1

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play ... fe01.shtml

Post subject: Re: Rodney to the dbacks
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:35 am 

Really good article from Nick Piecoro

suggest a read

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:41 am 

The column nails the situation fairly accurately. Still, having Rodney as one's closer is like playing Russian Roulette. There's only a bullet in one of the chambers, but do you really want to be there when it goes off?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:06 am 

Quote:
If the Diamondbacks find themselves with a slim lead after eight innings on Wednesday night, they will put their season in the hands of a closer few in baseball trust. The bullpen door will swing open and Fernando Rodney will begin his slow trek to the mound. The image alone creates anxiety for Diamondbacks fans.

:shock: :o :(

Nick nailed it in the first paragraph.

Okay, give Fernando his due: when he was on, he was pretty good; but when he was off... With apologies to Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, I offer the following:

There was a closer chap
Who wouldn't wear his cap
In line with the middle of his forehead.
When he was good,
He was very, very good
And when he was bad, he was horrid.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:24 am 

If it is a slim lead, I'd have someone else hot and ready to come in fast. You can normally tell pretty quickly if Rodney is in a good or bad place on a given day.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:41 am 

98dback wrote:
If it is a slim lead, I'd have someone else hot and ready to come in fast. You can normally tell pretty quickly if Rodney is in a good or bad place on a given day.

I don't generally disagree, but unless Grienke goes 8 I don't think we have another option in our bullpen that any of us trust more than Rodney, sadly... Unless we just try and LOOGY and ROOGY our way in that situation after Rodney has already put us in a dire situation, but that is a ton of stress to put on each pitcher coming in after that to try and close it or keep it tied at a minimum after disaster has already hit.

This is a great article by Nick and he nailed it. We'll all just be getting ulcers tonight hoping for the good Rodney! Everyone make sure they have plenty of Tums!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:21 am 

Driaz wrote:
We'll all just be getting ulcers tonight hoping for the good Rodney! Everyone make sure they have plenty of Tums!

Even better: let's hope the Diamondbacks get plenty of RUNS (instead of Tums), so that there's no need for Rodney to ever enter the game... ;)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:36 am 

I think Rodney pitches in this game no matter what the situation is after 7+. He'll be in whether we're up, down or tied.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:12 pm 

Horrible note for fans to remember Rodney by if he blows a save in this game.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:18 pm 

Oden wrote:
I think Rodney pitches in this game no matter what the situation is after 7+. He'll be in whether we're up, down or tied.

THink positive Tap ;)

By all accounts, he is actually a really good teammate and the guys in the clubhouse love him.

He went through some really shitty times in April, and came back from May on to be one of the better closers in baseball

Nobody saves all of them.

Don't get me wrong, I get nervous too, as we've discussed. But now is the time to send out those positive vibes. hahaha

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:38 pm 

Driaz wrote:
98dback wrote:

I don't generally disagree, but unless Grienke goes 8 I don't think we have another option in our bullpen that any of us trust more than Rodney, sadly... Unless we just try and LOOGY and ROOGY our way in that situation after Rodney has already put us in a dire situation, but that is a ton of stress to put on each pitcher coming in after that to try and close it or keep it tied at a minimum after disaster has already hit.
\

Don't forget that Robbie Ray and Godley are in the pen tonight. Corbin too. If Rodney is looking rough, I'd trust any of those three if they weren't used prior to that point.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:46 pm 

Rodney Protocol should require another pitcher to warm up along side him in the pen. We'll know within the first 4 tosses which Rodney has shown up.

2014: What a joke; Team. Manager. GM. CEO. Cindy Brunson. Todd Walsh. Steve Berthiaume. Polo shirts. Entire organization. I want to insert that 18-inch corn dog into each one of their a$$es...slowly. Then re-sell the corn dogs to Dodger fans.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:24 pm 

Rodney should have a really nice payday next season. I'm sure the Astros would pay big $$$ for him. Hell, even David Hernandez.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:20 pm 

dbackfanron wrote:
Rodney should have a really nice payday next season. I'm sure the Astros would pay big $$$ for him. Hell, even David Hernandez.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Heck, I think they would give us a big time package for Silvino Bracho :)

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:12 am 

Tell them we want Kyle Tucker for Bracho and Barrett. :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:54 pm 

From MLB Trade Rumors synopsis of Jon Heyman's stuff
Quote:
The Diamondbacks are “open” to bringing back Fernando Rodney, GM Mike Hazen tells Heyman. Arizona is facing a difficult payroll situation but obviously will be looking to maintain and improve upon a Wild Card-winning roster. Though Rodney didn’t dominate last year, he’s still throwing mid-nineties heat and generating quite a few swings and misses — and obviously met with the approval of the D-Backs’ brass in the closer’s role. Beyond improving the pen, the Arizona priority is to improve in the outfield, per the report. That could mean pursuing under-the-radar additions; though Hazen says he’s not ruling out a return for J.D. Martinez, that’d almost certainly require the kind of payroll increase that does not appear to be under consideration.

Page 3 of 3 [ 56 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Team News