Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Team News

Page 11 of 11 [ 204 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Post subject: Re: Zack Greinke to the DBACKS
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:20 pm 

After 2018 the Yankees are well below the luxury tax threshold even with Greinke's $34M each year (2019-2021). Also, as I posted, they would still be under the threshold in 2018 by about $18M. Of course if I was a Yankee fan I would be laughing, because I want Greinke and $100M in cash for Gallegos and Stephan. Yankee fans would love to have Greinke, as would fans of most teams, with the Dbacks picking up $100M of his contract and only giving a prospect or two at the back end of the teams top 30. As a Dbacks fan, I think the Dodgers should give us Kershaw for Frank Duncan and Kevin Cron.

I would be less concerned with what fans think and more concerned that the GM's involved think they are each getting some value for what they are giving up. Are the Yankees getting value? I think they would be improving their rotation substantially, along with a guy that could turn out to be valuable as a DH. The Dbacks unload a chunk of change, get a couple of serviceable OFers for a year or two while they still have Goldschmidt under contract and can afford Ray in his prime years, a very good OF prospect (a position of weakness in their system), and a pitcher to replace Corbin with they money to afford him. I'm not suggesting that some tweaking wouldn't be done.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:56 pm 

You have no idea what the Yankees future plans are. There's talk of them making a run at Harper still. Maybe they want Machado or Dozier. How good of you to saddle them with your declining (Greinke) or just plain useless (Tomas) payroll. Your trade does NOT make the Yankees better. It makes them less flexible with more financial obligations. And all they have to do is give up a prospect or two for the privilege.

Sorry, you can't justify your trade as anything more than a fanboy's wet dream.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:34 pm 

"wet dream."

You must speak from recent experience.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:51 pm 

Again, you asked for feedback.

Page 11 of 11 [ 204 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Team News