Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Team News

Page 5 of 10 [ 186 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Post subject: Re: Team Uniforms
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:54 pm 

Ryan wrote:
BTW I've noticed that the "A" logo (which I MUCH prefer and think most of us do) is nearly everywhere this season. Besides being the official team logo, it's now behind the pitcher's mound at Chase, up in the rafters behind home plate in the girders near the roof, and painted in the grass behind home plate.

So it's almost everywhere. Everywhere, that is, EXCEPT on the uniforms. That's the ONLY place the "D" is used. I wonder if there's any chance that with all these extra "A"s sprouting up all over the ballpark, the team is subconsciously prepping the fans to switch the uniforms and hats to the "A" logo next season.

Probably wishful thinking on my part, but just wanted to point this out.

Hard to say, the Diamondbacks have yet to submit a uniform change or addition, but the deadline isn't up yet. I'll probably hear more come August through October, that's when New Era starts pre-production for the next season.

However, we DO have a hat with an "A" on it already... the BP cap. We have worn them with our Saturday Blacks and all BP caps are approved for On-Field play, so we theoretically could make it our primary cap. New Era has really been pushing the Diamond Era material and I wouldn't be surprised if teams start to convert to that cap material all together. Not all teams would do it though, some teams have been reluctant to switch to the Cool Base jersey material and continue to use double-knit: Blue Jays and Yankees.

On another note, New Era finally released the Stars and Stripes caps today that will be worn on 4th of July and maybe September 11th, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3rd cap with a US flag patch released in late August for it.

The new Stars and Stripes are made of the BP "Diamond Era" Material and should be made in USA. We might also be seeing the normal BP caps being made in USA around this time too.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:01 am 

Occasionally, when watching highlights, I see the classic "A" logo with a copper lining. Can't find a screenshot of it, but here's a highlight video that shows it at the beginning:

http://wapc.mlb.com/play?content_id=27988671

I've never seen it like this but for these interview and highlight videos. I think it looks real nice and it would be awesome if they could bring back copper as part of the color scheme. Thoughts? I think it makes the classic logo look more distinguished and interesting rather than the neutral (and somewhat bland) "sonoran sand" borders. Have you seen this color scheme elsewhere besides these mlb highlight vids?

Just a bit of wishful thinking on the logo. IMO they should just completely ditch the "D" and the "D-Backs" on the jerseys and stick with the "A" and "db" logos.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:14 pm 

YBC-Dog wrote:
I could never wear purple as a adult male and not feel like a joke. All of my gear from that era were either black or white shirts with a logo.

FWIW, it looks like the Phoenix Suns - Arizona's original major professional sport franchise - is phasing out purple this next season as well. Three of their four new team logos are black and orange without purple.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:38 am 

Dbacks TBTC caps are on sale today at HatClub in Chandler and will go on sale elsewhere at the end of the week. The throwback cap will be the black one with the copper snake, the MLB batterman logo will be raised embroidery, the under brim is black, and the caps are made in USA.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:26 am 

dbacks_Nation wrote:
Dbacks TBTC caps are on sale today at HatClub in Chandler and will go on sale elsewhere at the end of the week. The throwback cap will be the black one with the copper snake, the MLB batterman logo will be raised embroidery, the under brim is black, and the caps are made in USA.

This one?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:54 am 

Yeeeep, we're wearing them with the black jerseys against the Phillies, and then for Alumni weekend against the Giants.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:47 am 

Alumni weekend is up on the 31st. Forgot to mention this earlier, but the Dbacks changed their plans with the jerseys and opted for the Black jersey with the "A" on it instead of the black with the "Arizona" script.

They did botch it though, the center part of the "A" should be purple instead of teal.

2013 Turn Back the Clock

1998-2000 Original

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:00 am 

Dbacks posted this on Facebook earlier today, boy I miss the retro uniforms.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:43 am 

The sleeveless versions of both road and away back in the purple-and-teal days really were the best unis we had, IMO.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:40 am 

I did a little playing around on the New Era By You page and it feels dirty saying this, but I really think the Club should return to purple as the primary color while keeping the Sedona Sand as an outline color (instead of the metallic copper), and replacing the teal with an olive green. I remember espn used to make the "A" logo with olive instead of teal and it looked much better.

The deal breaker was always the teal, and although I'm no fan of purple and I'd give anything for the Club to never have used the color scheme they did when they began, when the Club is wearing the throwback unis and the tv comes back from commercial, I know exactly which team it is when I see the purple; OTOH, when the tv comes back from commercial and I see the red hats, I don't know who the team is. It could be any of nearly a dozen teams that have red hats.

For a better view...
Proposed New Hat Link

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:33 pm 

One thing that has always bothered me about the "A" logo is that it's off-centered. When you see it, it looks like it's more to one side of the hat than the other. I think those types of logos work well for other sports because flashes of movement are associated with those sports, but you tend to see more symmetrical logos in MLB. I wouldn't mind the "A" logo being altered to a more symmetrical look.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:39 pm 

The logo is centered, it's just the way that it is angled which makes it look uneven. Same can be seen with the Rangers due to the drop shadow, but it is centered.

Red or Purple aside, Dbacks definitely need to bring back the "A" cap for every day use. Use the snake as an Alternate or away cap.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:54 pm 

Right, my bad. It is centered, but it's angled like the Lakers' "L" which makes it appear off-centered.

The "D" is terrible - I'd prefer the snake logos that have been used as sleeve-patches be the alternate cap logo.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:18 pm 

I hate the "D" logo too, I enjoyed it back in the 1999-2006 days, but the new logo just looks so much like the Disney logo in my mind. If it were a Minor League logo, it would be great, but not MLB.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:09 pm 

The "D" logo was a disaster from the start.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:23 pm 

As much as I love the Red/Black, and even to a lesser extent the Purple/Turquoise, I wish the team could be unique in some way. The Rockies had already staked a claim to Purple when the team entered the division. Even the Devil Rays had purple in their scheme entering the league, but they were able to reinvent their look into probably the best in baseball.

Purple and Red is a very interesting choice, but I think if incorporated into something like an Arizona Sunset look, with softer serif fonts, it could not only be unique, but still completely dedicated to the desert motif they are sort of saying they incorporate now. Red/Purple/Orange/Yellow would be a very tough sell for some fans, but it could bring the best of both worlds together, and be very unique.

http://www.genehanson.com/sunsets/image ... 204_11.jpg

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:37 pm 

I agree, the purple and sedona red would look very well together, I think. I always thought a sky blue would look really well with the dbacks if the purple isn't brought back. A friend of mine always mentions that the Dbacks should use a Southwest Airlines color scheme, I'd like to make some concepts to see how they could turn out.

On another note, now that the official catalog has been leaked for Majestic 2014, I can tell you guys that we are getting new BP jerseys. They were leaked on Reddit a few weeks ago, but it wasn't certain if they were coming out for 2014 or 2015.

Personally, I don't like them. I wish they would have went with the "A" logo on the left, could have been awesome if they made them resemble their Saturday Blacks a little more.

No news on if BP jerseys will be worn during games every year, this was a huge rumor last season due to the cost, but this has since fallen apart.

There is also some semi-huge news regarding future caps, current rumor is that it will be On-Field either 2014 or 2015; I wish I could share everything I know regarding the new New Era Caps, or lack thereof... but I can't.

To explain the "Lack thereof" comment, MLB is not too thrilled that New Era teamed up with NFL, and is considering cutting ties; hard for me to believe though since they have been partnered for a good 7 decades. Too much money lost on both ends if a new deal is not made, but if not we could possibly be seeing Nike caps on our players.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:37 am 

Baldmaga wrote:
As much as I love the Red/Black, and even to a lesser extent the Purple/Turquoise, I wish the team could be unique in some way. The Rockies had already staked a claim to Purple when the team entered the division. Even the Devil Rays had purple in their scheme entering the league, but they were able to reinvent their look into probably the best in baseball.

Purple and Red is a very interesting choice, but I think if incorporated into something like an Arizona Sunset look, with softer serif fonts, it could not only be unique, but still completely dedicated to the desert motif they are sort of saying they incorporate now. Red/Purple/Orange/Yellow would be a very tough sell for some fans, but it could bring the best of both worlds together, and be very unique.

http://www.genehanson.com/sunsets/image ... 204_11.jpg

I like the idea of using colors from the natural landscape, but the flourescent sunset colors won't work very well. it will wind up looking similar to the original D-Rays unis.

However, natural landscape colors - brown/green/yellow/blue (dirt/plants/sky) - from Southern Arizona might work ok.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:12 pm 

Thanks for posting Andy. I know they're just BP uniforms but...they're hideous.

I agree with most of the group here. I'm ready for a new color combo/uniform that would hopefully be good enough to last decades.

At the VERY least, let's please get rid of the Disney-esque "D" logo entirely, and get rid of it as soon as possible. Still hoping for the team to switch to a Sedona Red "A" cap for the primary on-field cap.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:27 pm 

dirtygary wrote:
However, natural landscape colors - brown/green/yellow/blue (dirt/plants/sky) - from Southern Arizona might work ok.

I dunno. The cap in the picture looks like an old Padres cap in a mash-up with the Athletics; although given how our trades with both have worked out lately, maybe that would be appropriate. ;)

Page 5 of 10 [ 186 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Team News