Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Team News

Page 4 of 10 [ 186 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Post subject: Re: Team Uniforms
 Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:46 am 

Throwback Uni gallery on espn includes LOverbay sporting the purple throwbacks from last year, with the caption:
Paul Lukas wrote:
"So much better than their current "D-Backs" chest lettering."

I always thought the only problem with the uniforms were the colors, particularly the teal. The purple could have been in a good tone, but there's just no hiding the teal. If the teal was replaced with an olive or copper, it would have been ok. Just anything but the teal. The styles of the jerseys were just fine. I liked the classic "A" on the chest and the road "Arizona" script. Literally all they had to do was replace the purple/teal and leave everything else alone and it would have been fine.

The funny thing is, when they wore the throwbacks last season and the tv came back from commercial and in the first instant I saw the uni's I knew exactly what team it was; I can't say the same now because the color-scheme with the predominant red is so generic that it could be a number of teams. I'm embarrassed, but I'm starting to think a return to the original unis with a slightly modified color scheme would be the best. F it, bring back the unique purple. If it was good enough to win a world series in, it's good enough now. But keep the red/sand/black in the back-pocket for when it's time to change up the purple again...

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:58 am 

Purple is a clown color, bro. (just my opinion).

I could never wear purple as a adult male and not feel like a joke. All of my gear from that era were either black or white shirts with a logo.

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:24 pm 

I have no trouble wearing purple, but when it comes to baseball I just prefer to look like the Braves/Cardinals/Phillies than the Rockies.

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:26 pm 

I wish we didn't have D-Backs written on the front of our jerseys. Colors aren't bad, uniforms are TERRIBLE. Ditch the "D" snake as a home cap, wear the "A" at home.

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:45 pm 

Just keep everything the same...no more changes ala college sports. Need to establish a "brand name", logo and only time will do that. Let's talk in 50 years.

What a joke; Team. Manager. GM. CEO. Cindy Brunson. Todd Walsh. Steve Berthiaume. Polo shirts. Entire organization. I want to insert that 18-inch corn dog into each one of their a$$es...slowly. Then re-sell the corn dogs to Dodger fans.

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:56 pm 

Jethawker wrote:
Just keep everything the same...no more changes ala college sports. Need to establish a "brand name", logo and only time will do that. Let's talk in 50 years.

Not gonna happen as long as MLB Sports is calling the shots.

Gotta keep turning over those uni's, to keep sales up!

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:33 am 

We've got to be pretty low in jersey sales as it is. I bet that the Saturday Blacks sell the best, with red and white in a distant second.

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:54 am 

EvilJuan wrote:
Jethawker wrote:

Not gonna happen as long as MLB Sports is calling the shots.

Gotta keep turning over those uni's, to keep sales up!

Yep, agree.

What a joke; Team. Manager. GM. CEO. Cindy Brunson. Todd Walsh. Steve Berthiaume. Polo shirts. Entire organization. I want to insert that 18-inch corn dog into each one of their a$$es...slowly. Then re-sell the corn dogs to Dodger fans.

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:58 am 

YBC-Dog wrote:

I could never wear purple as a adult male and not feel like a joke. All of my gear from that era were either black or white shirts with a logo.

Any guy who has an issue wearing certain colors has some deeper rooted issues. (just my opinion). ;)

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:34 am 

I like our new set of colors better... Just would love to tweak some of the uni combos.

Think white unis with the red A logo would be better. Black uni is prob my least favorite, just doesn't look right.

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:42 am 

YBC-Dog wrote:

I wore Tampa Bay Buccaneers creamsicle orange for years. Not only were the colors horrible but the team was just as bad. :oops:
I was made fun of a lot.

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:45 am 

dbacks_Nation wrote:
We've got to be pretty low in jersey sales as it is. I bet that the Saturday Blacks sell the best, with red and white in a distant second.

Red is my favorite.

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:53 pm 

Black is favorite. Sedona Red second. Away jersey is third.

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:34 pm 

YBC-Dog wrote:

The most famous clown of them all, Ronald McDonald, wears a whole lot of red.

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:43 pm 

Jethawker wrote:
Black is favorite. Sedona Red second. Away jersey is third.

I don't like the "D-Backs" script on the home uniform.

I would rather see something similar to the Tigers home uniforms with red socks, belt, sleeves and cap, with the Diamondbacks "A".

Road uniforms I might look to emulate would be Kansas City and Oakland.

K.I.S.S. is a good rule to live by.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:40 am 

To go along with the US Marine Corps Memorial Day caps, the team will wear this jersey for Memorial Day:

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:06 am 

wouldnt be too bad actually if they camo'd the DB logo on the sleeve and the stripe on the sleeves

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:24 pm 

dbacks_Nation wrote:
Arizona Diamondbacks will be doing at least one throwback this year, the only confirmed date is the Alumni game at Chase Field on Sat, Aug 31 against the San Francisco Giants.

Diamondbacks may also be doing two throwbacks on the road this year:
Friday, June 14th: San Diego Padres will be doing 1998 Throwbacks, Diamondbacks may throwback on the road but unconfirmed
Friday, August 23rd: Philadelphia Phillies will be throwing back to the 1991 season, Diamondbacks are kicking the can on a "Fauxback" for this date but unconfirmed. They could also recycle the 1998 Throwbacks for this date because the Phillies only have it listed as "90s Night."

Friday, June 14th: Arizona @ San Diego Padres (Not yet confirmed)
Friday, August 23rd: Arizona @ Philadelphia Phillies (Phillies picked us to wear this, home team picks away team's throwbacks)
**Phillies picked us to wear this throwback since the home team has the right to pick the away team's throwbacks. San Diego Padres game does come first in the schedule, so it is not confirmed if Arizona will be participating or not, however I would assume not since their other opponents have yet to throw back with them on their retro nights.

Saturday, Aug 31 San Francisco @ Arizona (Alumni Night):
**I find it odd that we are wearing our away alternate at home this season, but we DID wear it **once** at home on April 8th, 2001.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:18 am 

Why we wear the roadie at home in 2001?

I was hoping for solid purple for the home game

Might be the greatest post in the history of this board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:15 pm 

BTW I've noticed that the "A" logo (which I MUCH prefer and think most of us do) is nearly everywhere this season. Besides being the official team logo, it's now behind the pitcher's mound at Chase, up in the rafters behind home plate in the girders near the roof, and painted in the grass behind home plate.

So it's almost everywhere. Everywhere, that is, EXCEPT on the uniforms. That's the ONLY place the "D" is used. I wonder if there's any chance that with all these extra "A"s sprouting up all over the ballpark, the team is subconsciously prepping the fans to switch the uniforms and hats to the "A" logo next season.

Probably wishful thinking on my part, but just wanted to point this out.

Page 4 of 10 [ 186 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Team News