Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Team News

Page 1 of 10 [ 186 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Post subject: Team Uniforms
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:45 pm 

I couldn't find an appropriate thread, but I figured starting one specifically for On-Field uniform updates would be satisfactory.

Diamondbacks the the rest of MLB are re-designing their On-Field BP caps, this year's cap will go back to the 59Fifty style last worn in 2002, but in a mesh material that is different than those worn between 1999-2002, and 2003-2006.

Article on full 30 teams:
ESPN LINK

Post subject: Re: Team Uniforms
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:13 pm 

I love this hat, but why can't they wear it on the field??? I have never bought nor plan to buy a batting practice cap.

Dhall, ditch the crappy "D" home cap and replace it with this or a Sedona Red "A" cap. I'll buy more merchandise if you do.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:20 pm 

Ryan wrote:
I love this hat, but why can't they wear it on the field??? I have never bought nor plan to buy a batting practice cap.

Dhall, ditch the crappy "D" home cap and replace it with this or a Sedona Red "A" cap. I'll buy more merchandise if you do.

I love this cap! I like how it will be a 59Fifty like the On-Field caps, but it sucks that we're forced to wear the crappy "D" logo everywhere. If you're interested, HatClub actually has a version of this cap in 100% Wool, plus it's made in USA too! I own one, and it's awesome!

http://www.hatclub.com/sports/2Tone-Dba ... -Tan-21054

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:22 pm 

Great thread! I'd like to see whatever material you have collected on the DBacks uni's hats, too!

I caved and bought a black "A" cap, but have been waiting for a red "A" or a reintroduction of the rattlesnake with the baseball in its mouth design.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:50 pm 

The 'A' has always been far classier than the cartoon snake IMO.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:22 am 

tough crowd... I prefer the D Snake logo but want it red on a black cap.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:32 am 

I prefer the new hat--bold lines and and stark colors. Wish it could be their game hat.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:56 am 

I always thought the cartoon "D" snake logo was for kids.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:40 am 

While I do like the "A" better, I don't hate the "D snake" logo. On the other hand, I hated the purple uni's so much that just about anything would have pleased me.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:55 pm 

dbacks_Nation wrote:
I love this cap! I like how it will be a 59Fifty like the On-Field caps, but it sucks that we're forced to wear the crappy "D" logo everywhere. If you're interested, HatClub actually has a version of this cap in 100% Wool, plus it's made in USA too! I own one, and it's awesome!

Wow, that is a gorgeous hat Andy, thanks for the link! Unfortunately they don't have any of my size (7 1/8) in stock. Hopefully they'll restock at some point. I'll bookmark that page.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:59 pm 

dirtygary wrote:
Great thread! I'd like to see whatever material you have collected on the DBacks uni's hats, too!

I caved and bought a black "A" cap, but have been waiting for a red "A" or a reintroduction of the rattlesnake with the baseball in its mouth design.

Gary, there is exactly that linked off the page Andy mentioned, right here. It's not an on-field cap, of course, but it is quite nice and totally looks like an on-field hat.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:54 pm 

Ryan wrote:
dbacks_Nation wrote:

Wow, that is a gorgeous hat Andy, thanks for the link! Unfortunately they don't have any of my size (7 1/8) in stock. Hopefully they'll restock at some point. I'll bookmark that page.

I wear a size 7-1/8 too. I know the guy who designs the caps for HatClub, so I'll have to ask him if they're coming back in stock any time soon, or else I could check HatClub locations down in Phoenix when I'm there in about 6 weeks in February.

Ryan wrote:
dirtygary wrote:

Gary, there is exactly that linked off the page Andy mentioned, right here. It's not an on-field cap, of course, but it is quite nice and totally looks like an on-field hat.

Those ones are also Made in USA too! For some reason the Sedona Red material is only available in the USA, which leads to a much superior cap.

Last edited by dbacks_Nation on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:19 pm 

I have serious respect for your knowledge of and passion for baseball caps, Andy. :-)

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:14 pm 

Current unis:

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:15 pm 

Alt 2 (the Saturday blacks) are the best uni they have...and they wear it on average of once every two weeks. Sigh.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:05 pm 

I wonder what the team's record is wearing each one. That would be interesting to know.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:27 pm 

Considering for the most part, they followed a schedule as to what uniform they wore, finding out the record might be a quick process. I know they wore Red tops on Sunday and Wednesday, Black tops on Saturday at home, and then White/Grey for all other days.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:43 pm 

Baldmaga wrote:
Considering for the most part, they followed a schedule as to what uniform they wore, finding out the record might be a quick process. I know they wore Red tops on Sunday and Wednesday, Black tops on Saturday at home, and then White/Grey for all other days.

And the results are? ;)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:43 pm 

I like the greys with "ARIZONA" across the front...

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:57 pm 

dirtygary wrote:
Baldmaga wrote:

And the results are? ;)

LOL. I do not have the patience to check those results. :lol:

Page 1 of 10 [ 186 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Board index » AZ Diamondbacks » Team News