Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Site info » Site Info

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: Posting issue
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

Looks like some people aren't able to post. I can post fine. :)I think it may be because the system time seems to have been knocked off at some point overnight:
http://diamondbacksbullpen.org/pi.php
I've got a ticket in to the hosts to look at it, but until that time (maybe with some timezone adjustment) catches up with your previous post, the app may be thinking your posting is before the last one.

I'll let you know if I have any update. Otherwise, try and forget about the 2014 Diamondbacks for a bit. It's probably for the best.

Post subject: Re: Posting issue
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:18 pm 

I can only post as Admin on the Ground. There are a line of users waiting to post but getting error message.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:40 pm 

Is this still happening?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:46 pm 

Right now only those at Admin and Moderator level can post. Don't know why but hope to get this fixed quickly.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:18 am 

I just registered this user, so let's see if it can post. If so, then it's not a role issue, and is probably connected to the system time problem.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:21 am 
Site Admin

If you feel an irresistible urge to post, and don't want to wait for time to catch up, you can create a new user - I'd suggest just putting "2" on the end of your username. I've disabled the need for admin approval on new registrations, so you should be able to post immediately as the new user.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:30 am 

admin wrote:
If you feel an irresistible urge to post, and don't want to wait for time to catch up, you can create a new user - I'd suggest just putting "2" on the end of your username. I've disabled the need for admin approval on new registrations, so you should be able to post immediately as the new user.

Posted 1:07 PM EDT shows as 2:30 AM

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:34 am 
Site Admin

ReTired wrote:
admin wrote:

Posted 1:07 PM EDT shows as 2:30 AM

Yeah, that's likely another symptom of the issue. It'll make replying in an existing thread a little... interesting. :)Best stick to new threads, or at least ones not updated this morning, as your reply may end up above the post you responded to!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:41 am 

I blame KT

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:54 am 
Site Admin

Ok, things seem to be returning to normal, and I see people posting with their regular usernames. The system time is still off, but I think as it moves forward past the time of people's previous posts, you should see normal service resuming. I'll leave admin approval for new regs disabled until the system time gets fixed.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:56 am 

Looks like we're back up. Time stamps are off which will place some new posts before old posts, but much thanks to Admin for jumping on this right away and getting us back up.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:50 pm 
Site Admin

Time has been restored to normal - this post should appear at the current point! - and I think this should have resolved any remaining issue. I'll re-enable admin approval for new registrations, as that should no longer be needed.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:07 pm 

admin wrote:
Time has been restored to normal - this post should appear at the current point! - and I think this should have resolved any remaining issue. I'll re-enable admin approval for new registrations, as that should no longer be needed.

Okay, this is weird. I read this on the 26th; but just now, it had the thread flagged as having been unread...

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:19 pm 

EvilJuan wrote:
admin wrote:

Okay, this is weird. I read this on the 26th; but just now, it had the thread flagged as having been unread...

Likewise

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » Site info » Site Info