Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Off-topic » Anything goes

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Any Drone Pilots Here?
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:36 am 

Anybody on this board partake in the drone hobby? I acquired a Phantom 3 Pro a couple months ago and have been having a ball. I put it up above the trees on July4th on a slow 360* rotation to document all the fireworks in my Katy, TX neighborhood. It was fantastic. The thing takes outstanding photos and videos.

Post subject: Re: Any Drone Pilots Here?
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:56 am 

Didn't realize you were in Katy.

I was there a couple of months ago to visit Academy Sports who are based there. Maybe next time I go down there to visit them again we can meet up for a beer

Did you post your video anywhere ?

Drone footage is cool, but you just know sooner or later someone is going to deliver a bomb to a crowded event using a drone.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:51 pm 

shoewizard wrote:
Drone footage is cool, but you just know sooner or later someone is going to deliver a bomb to a crowded event using a drone.

(slumped shoulders)

The wife and I have been in Katy for almost 2.5yrs. Haven't posted any video, primarily just cruising around the neighborhood and new home subdivisions nearby.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:13 pm 

dirtygary wrote:
shoewizard wrote:

(slumped shoulders)

The wife and I have been in Katy for almost 2.5yrs. Haven't posted any video, primarily just cruising around the neighborhood and new home subdivisions nearby.

I didn't mean it would be YOU :P

Do you like living there ? How would you compare it to some of the other places you've lived ?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:43 pm 

Hahaha,, slumped shoulders cuz I hadn't thought of that yet but realize it's so gonna happen...

Houston is like Arizona but with twice the money and four times the rain. It's the only metro I've seen that rivals the LA region in scale and prosperity. We were skeptical prior to the move but it's been the best thing ever. It's like a really good combination of Oregon and Arizona - coastal weather pattern with more rain than Seattle and lush vegetation so the wife can garden like she did in Portland, but it's plenty warm like Arizona. The humidity is thick, no doubt, but it's not as bad as the PHX inferno, and you get real seasons with tree leaves changing colors in fall, spring showers, etc and of appropriate duration.

The I-45 corridor between Houston and Dallas is poised for decades of sustained growth with higher-income households. Houston has diversified the job base enough so that it does ok when energy is down and incredible when it's up. I moved out here to work for a single-family consulting firm and it doesn't feel as volatile as the industry did in PHX, even during the normal-good times. The new homes out here are selling for 50% more than AZ because incomes are much higher. Similar jobs here pay about 50% more than in AZ. I have encouraged everybody I know in AZ to consider a move out here.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:46 pm 

Great feedback , really glad this is working out well.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Off-topic » Anything goes