Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Off-topic » Other sports

Page 106 of 110 [ 2198 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110  Next

Post subject: Re: UofA/ASU pooping thread
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:54 pm 

Not looking good. RichRod is the best guy for the job of the people they are interviewing.

Hope Greg has a name ready to go.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:04 pm 

I wonder if Troy Calhoun or Lincoln Riley would be on Bryrne's list or bring back Dino Babers?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:25 pm 

asu's oc Mike Norvell might be the new Memphis head coach

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:09 am 

A local South Carolina guy said that RichRod made an excessive salary demand that SC denied as late as Tuesday, and that something had changed between then and Thurs. My hunch is that RichRod requested an amount commensurate with the retention package at UA ($8M+/-) on top of whatever base-salary they would offer.

Either way, retaining GByrne is the most important personnel decision within the Athletic Department. Much easier to find another ball coach than to find such a dynamic leader of the entire department.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:32 am 

And GHansen tweeted that on the day RichRod was linked to interviewing for SouthCarolina job, UA D-line recruit from SoCal withdraws his commitment. RichRod should definitely take the SC job if it's offered because there won't be better offers next year. After the UA has basically given him everything he's asked for and he's shown he can win here, he's still looking elsewhere. Screw that guy.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:08 am 

so should Lute have taken the UK job?

You dont think RichRod can do better the South Carolina which like the 9 or 10 best SEC job?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:21 pm 

South Carolina Football is not on the level of UK Basketball.

If RichRod was receiving the same level of interest from a traditional football powerhouse that Lute did from UK, nobody could blame him for talking to them. But this appears as though RichRod is seeking them out and if he's really interested in ditching UA for a place that's like you said the 9th/10th best SEC job, his heart can't be in the UA job that much and that will result in mediocre seasons from here on out. Coupled with what will most likely be fewer openings in upcoming years than this one and there just won't be that many options available for the coach of a .500 Arizona team over next few years.

From my fan's perspective, it's kind of BS to win the Pac12South, play in the Fiesta Bowl, and talk about how great Arizona is, and then to be interviewing at South Carolina the next year. If his heart is in it here, he isn't interrupting or risking his recruiting efforts for AZ to go and interview elsewhere. The only acceptable reason for it is if he's trying to get his assistants more money; if it's anything else, hopefully he leaves and forfeits the retention bonus so UA has that to hire the next coach.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:38 am 

if RichRod leaves looks like Babers isnt an option anymore he is going to Cuse

Post Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:02 am 

This whole charade is killing me. I trust Byrne to make a good hire if RichRod leaves, but I really want him to stay for a few more years. I think he can win the conference.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:43 am 

Remember, if RR leaves, he forfeits the retention bonus and GByrne has an $8M carrot in addition to the base salary to attract the next coach. Not that I want it to come to that, but I hope RR moves on now rather than later if he doesn't want to be at UA long-term. Which is apparently the case.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:57 pm 

College athletics programs and head coaches are mostly about money and big egos, unfortunately. Fans like to think their coach loves their school and the school loves them, but when there's a parting of ways it's all about inner politics and somebody's power trip. Either money or ego gets in the way for one side or the other. I have no delusions about Graham at ASU. Same thing with RR at UofA. It's a marriage of convenience for both parties and it's only a matter of time until it ends in divorce. In a perfect world the school would hire a local hero to coach the team for 20 years and create a lasting legacy, but that's a rare find in today's NCAA.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:20 pm 

Arizona beats the Zags on the road for a nice resume win

Post Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:05 pm 

Greg Byrne @Greg_Byrne
Great news! @CoachRodAZ did not commit to the offer from S. Carolina. He's an Arizona Wildcat. #BearDown

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:42 am 

Come on Mister X your slipping ASU hoops beat a ranked team yesterday too.

On RichRod he better win because the fans in tucson are turning on him. He is going to hear about each loss more now than he ever did in the past.

Oh and like RichRod looks like the Cats will spend time at home for the Bowl season vs Col St.

ASU also might be staying at home playing at Chase vs WV. (If you go to this one make sure you thank KK for spending some $ as he will be there watching his Mountaineers.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:57 am 

wait asu has a hoops team? who knew

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:08 pm 

The Shadow wrote:
Come on Mister X your slipping ASU hoops beat a ranked team yesterday too.

On RichRod he better win because the fans in tucson are turning on him. He is going to hear about each loss more now than he ever did in the past.

Oh and like RichRod looks like the Cats will spend time at home for the Bowl season vs Col St.

ASU also might be staying at home playing at Chase vs WV. (If you go to this one make sure you thank KK for spending some $ as he will be there watching his Mountaineers.

I'm hearing that you're going to watch your Sun Devils in Tucson while the 'Cats are going to Albuquerque.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:38 pm 

Shadow had the asu part they play in the Cactus Bowl v WVU, while Arizona v New Mexico in the New Mexico Bowl

Arizona plays Unlv at McKale on the same day as the New Mexico Bowl like 2012 they had hoops vs Florida last time they went to the NM Bowl

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:08 pm 

I was thinking that the Cactus Bowl was in Tucson. That was my bad. Shadow definitely had that right the whole time.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:02 pm 

The Shadow wrote:

Doesn't take much for this city to turn on something sports relate....OH LOOK A COATIMUNDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:40 pm 

Justin wrote:
The Shadow wrote:

Doesn't take much for this city to turn on something sports relate....OH LOOK A COATIMUNDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:I love those things. Had a bunch of those at the old apt in Oro Valley back when I was doing the Ice Cats games.

Sunday paper down here said the new local bowl didnt have enough cash for the Cats to stay home and play. So now we get the highly anticipated MWC matchup. ;)

Page 106 of 110 [ 2198 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110  Next

Board index » Off-topic » Other sports