Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Off-topic » Other sports

Page 10 of 12 [ 236 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post subject: Re: Tucson Padres
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:16 am 

Bauer to pitch in Tucson Friday have to head down the 10 to see him. Never seen him in person can't wait.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:54 am 

I'm going too, I already have tickets for Bauer's game.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:31 pm 

Get there early to see his warmup. I saw it at a spring game I went to. It's worth seeing him slinging the baseball from the RF corner to the LF corner.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:09 pm 

i wish was there for that for sure

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:11 am 

Damn it I will be out of town watching the TIBURONES.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:50 pm 

Damn I can not make it Friday. I am hoping they move him to Saturday. I hear Micah Owings will be playing first base?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:14 pm 

Drew will be playing down here this week.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:55 pm 

Pima County pulled the plug on the Kino crawl promotion.
$15.00 got you a game ticket and eight drinks.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/fearing ... 24edf.html

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:53 pm 

Prosopis wrote:

Still did something with the Kino Crawl. Even though there wasn't 5000 people at the park that place was alive tonight.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:50 pm 

IA DBACK wrote:
Prosopis wrote:

Still did something with the Kino Crawl. Even though there wasn't 5000 people at the park that place was alive tonight.

Sounds like they reduced drink prices. I will be there tonight in section 113.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:49 am 

Had a good time at the game last night. Saw Drew play and he looked good to me. He scored two runs, two rbis, a single, and a HR. He was also signing autographs for the fans.
I was sitting behind a scout for the angels who used to work for the dbacks. It was kind of fun talking to him. I like to hear some "inside stuff".
Padres pitcher Anthony Reyes was getting hit pretty bad when the scout tells me that Reyes pitched the first game of the 2006 World Series and earned the win, pitching eight innings. I was pretty surprised at that and asked how a guy goes from that to playing here? Scout said he was a walking injury. Like I said it was fun listening to this guy and his comments about players. I imagine this would have been like watching a game with Shoe. :lol:

I wish the crowds were bigger. It is really nice out there and not as hot as people think. I do think we will be losing this team as well but I will enjoy while I can.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:28 pm 

Yeah, if there were 1000 people there tonight I would be surprised. Really quiet crowd. Don't expect the Tucson Pads to be here any longer than they have to be...

"There's NO Crying in Baseball"
Tom Hanks- "A League of Their Own"

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:34 pm 

tucsondbacksfan wrote:
Yeah, if there were 1000 people there tonight I would be surprised. Really quiet crowd. Don't expect the Tucson Pads to be here any longer than they have to be...

Of the 16 teams in the Pacific Coast League, the Tucson Padres are dead last in attendance and by quite a large margin.

If the team's name doesn't begin with 'U of A' the support isn't there.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.js ... 2&sid=l112

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:45 am 

Do the people who attend Reno vs. Tucson games tend to root for the Aces or the Padres?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:07 am 

dbacks_Nation wrote:
Do the people who attend Reno vs. Tucson games tend to root for the Aces or the Padres?

When I went on Friday I saw more people cheering for Tucson than Reno. Didn't like it when I saw people wearing Padres' jerseys, unfortunately they're the home team.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:08 am 

When the Aces come to Vegas it's a no-brainer for me to root for Reno, but I can definitely see how it could be a hard choice.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:17 pm 

dbacks_Nation wrote:

I tend to just hope for a good game and I cheer good play. I have a hard time rooting for a team named Padres. I also have a head time rooting against the Tucson team. It is quite the conundrum. It may sound silly but I really wish they had given the team a name other then the padres and a more "Tucson" like logo. I would easily root for them then.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:17 am 

TAP wrote:
tucsondbacksfan wrote:

Of the 16 teams in the Pacific Coast League, the Tucson Padres are dead last in attendance and by quite a large margin.

If the team's name doesn't begin with 'U of A' the support isn't there.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.js ... 2&sid=l112

Of course the T-Pads are going to be last in attendance. Everybody knows the team is only there as long as it takes for Moorad to snooker some other city into building him a ballpark. They're not a Tucson team, they're just the Padres minor league affiliate. Forgive us if that doesn't inspire fan turnout.

Tucson supported the Diamondbacks better during spring training than either of the Florida cities supported the Marlins or Rays, and the Toros drew fine before the AAA team was relocated to TEP. That location worked ok for spring training, but the lack of proximity to other amenities wasn't conducive to a full season schedule. Just nothing else nearby to capture all that foot traffic generated by the games. At least HiCorbett is centrally located and point of pride for the community.

But having the University fill the role as the primary franchise for Southern Arizona isn't so bad. There isn't the threat of relocation if the city doesn't pony up hundreds of millions of dollars in new facilities or getting stuck paying wealthy sports owners $20M annually for "Operating Fees" to keep the team.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:20 am 

Oh I have no expectations that Tucson should support a NL West rival's affiliate. We go simply because we love the game.
I'm sure once the economy turns around in California (or wherever someone would be willing to take them in) they are out of here. You can't blame them. But with that being said, the T-Pads are trying all sorts of ideas to get butts in the seats. They recently tried a "Kino Crawl" promotion. It was a box seat ticket, and eight drink coupons for $15. It almost worked, but Pima County shut it down due to valid DUI concerns...

"There's NO Crying in Baseball"
Tom Hanks- "A League of Their Own"

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:22 pm 

tucsondbacksfan wrote:
Oh I have no expectations that Tucson should support a NL West rival's affiliate. We go simply because we love the game.
I'm sure once the economy turns around in California (or wherever someone would be willing to take them in) they are out of here. You can't blame them. But with that being said, the T-Pads are trying all sorts of ideas to get butts in the seats. They recently tried a "Kino Crawl" promotion. It was a box seat ticket, and eight drink coupons for $15. It almost worked, but Pima County shut it down due to valid DUI concerns...

The Wednesday facebook idea is a good one as well. Simply signup and get up to 4 box seats tickets free. Can't beat that all you have to do is under their post put your name and how many free tickets you want. Stadium being out of the way in all those crowds should be 7 to 8K no excuse not to be.

Page 10 of 12 [ 236 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Board index » Off-topic » Other sports