Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Baseball Matters » Major League Baseball

Page 2 of 5 [ 95 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Bryce Harper
 Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:59 pm 

Agreed - Harper handled this well. Some people (fans/media/players) dislike the publicity being given to him before accomplishing anything. But baseball needs stars like this.

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:21 pm 

sb24ws2005 wrote:
Agreed - Harper handled this well. Some people (fans/media/players) dislike the publicity being given to him before accomplishing anything. But baseball needs stars like this.

Too bad we lost the sweepstakes, if only we sucked just a little bit more in 2009.

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:36 pm 

dbacks_Nation wrote:
sb24ws2005 wrote:

Too bad we lost the sweepstakes, if only we sucked just a little bit more in 2009.

So you wouldn't hate him if he's a dback?

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:37 pm 

We wouldn't have hated Barry Bonds if he were a D Back

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:54 pm 

pete25 wrote:
dbacks_Nation wrote:
sb24ws2005 wrote:

So you wouldn't hate him if he's a dback?

I hate Zeigler, but if he gets the job done, I'll take it.

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:46 pm 

Bryce Harper injures self, out 'a few days' after 10 stitches

Quote:
Sometimes it's easy to forget he's still just a kid, but Nationals phenom Bryce Harper reminded us all Friday night. In the midst of the worst game of his ridiculously-young big-league career -- 0-for-5 with three strikeouts -- Harper was so mad at himself that he slammed a bat against the side of the dugout.

In and of itself, that wouldn't be big news. After all, baseball players do stuff like this frequently. But in this case, the bat came back and struck Harper above his left eye, slicing him open (via Amanda Comak of the Washington Times). He needed 10 stitches to close the wound (Comak). According to the Associated Press, Harper will "a few days" as he recovers.

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:41 am 

HA, well that sucks that the bat retaliated. I checked in on his stats today and saw he was struggling, let's hope he gets back to himself and helps the Nats take control of the NL East again!

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:03 pm 

Harper now batting .287/.376/.525 .901

Hit his 4th homer a little while ago.

He's taken over the OPS lead among NL Rookie position players from Matt Carpenter.

Right now NL ROY race looks like Harper/Miley/Carpenter....with Yonder Alonso making some noise hitting .300, but only 1 homer.

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:08 pm 

Regardless of performance I think that Harper wins by default. I'd love to see Miley get some good recognition though, he has definitely stepped up as a member of our rotation.

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:38 pm 

dbacks_Nation wrote:
Regardless of performance I think that Harper wins by default. I'd love to see Miley get some good recognition though, he has definitely stepped up as a member of our rotation.

I don't think so. If he hits .230 from here on out with little power, the writers are not going to vote for him just because he is Bryce Harper.

Of course the odds are pretty slim he will be that bad. I think if he end up with a .260-.270 avg and 15 homers that will be enough though, even if somebody else has better stats.

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:37 am 

Bryce's homer was a no doubter today too, gone once it hit the bat. He has definitely been exceeding my expectations of him, he couldn't hit in the minors but has been tearing up the majors; more power to him.

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:01 am 

Man that team is going to be good for along time.

Gio Gonzalez has a K/9 of 11.53 , 7-1, 2.04 ERA. 26 years old Signed through 2016 for 42 million

Strasberg (23) isn't a FA until 2017

Zimmerman (26) and Detwiler (26) aren't FA til 2016

The world is their Oyster. Too bad about Rendon's ankle though. I don't think he's ever going to reach his full potential because of all those ankle injuries. And he is their minor league bat with the most upside. But with that pitching, I don't think they will have any trouble signing whatever free agent they want. Slim pickens on the FA list for 2013 though. Not really any huge impact bats.

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:27 am 

Strasberg staying healthy is a concern as well. During last nights game, they were speculating that somethign is still wrong with him.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:26 am 

Check out This Homerun

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:20 am 

shoewizard wrote:
Check out This Homerun

amazingly only the 3rd longest HR of the night in MLB

Brandon Inge and Brandon Moss hit longer bombs

HitTracker also has Harper's HR as only being a HR in 29 of the 30 parks... although my quick glance through can not identify which park is the lone ranger

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:48 am 

Gotta be SF in that RF alley

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:28 am 

qudjy1 wrote:
Gotta be SF in that RF alley

that was the 1st park I looked at as well... but you can use the overlay tool here
http://www.hittrackeronline.com/hrdetai ... =2012_1792

and its a HR at AT&T, pretty easily actually

think it might be Comerica... dot shows it clearing, but its the closest I've seen of the parks I scrolled through

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:45 pm 

Thats a clown question Bro

I am really becoming quite a fan, I have to admit.

Perfect answer, perfect delivery.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:10 pm 

I tried to watch the clip on my phone, and the delivery did not come through. Watching it at home, it wasn't as snotty as I initially thought. I like Harper more and more.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:18 pm 

Exactly....it wasn't snotty at all.

It was a great response to a very very stupid question.

Encouraging a 19 year kid who is a Mormon to go out and have beer after the game is truly a clown question.

Harper handles the media and the attention very very well. He has a much better head on his shoulders than most people who aren't really paying attention realize.

Page 2 of 5 [ 95 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Baseball Matters » Major League Baseball