Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Baseball Matters » Major League Baseball

Page 75 of 76 [ 1509 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next

Post subject: Re: Ex-Dbacks on the move
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:17 am 

If he is a 2-3 WAR player going forward, it's a really good deal for the Mariners

If he is only a 2 WAR player on average, and creates just 10 WAR for the life of the contract it works out to positive value of about 30 Million for the Mariners

Of course you might get 1-2 WAR from a pre arb player, but I think it's a safe bet to say Segura can generate 10 WAR over the next 5 seasons.

And if he generates 15 WAR, it's a GREAT value.

Yes, he got paid, but this is a pretty team friendly deal, and I think the only reason he signed it is he got spooked by his 2 DL stints this year and figures he better cash in just in case.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:49 pm 

Max Scherzer got K #2,000!

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:28 pm 

He'll be a reliever for sure.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:25 pm 

The Shadow wrote:

Shoulder holding up pretty good

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:12 am 

MLB Trade Rumors @mlbtraderumors
now
Rangers Place Andrew Cashner On DL, Designate Peter O'Brien

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:45 pm 

The Shadow wrote:

I'll remember seeing #1 at Chase against Houston!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:00 pm 

IA DBACK wrote:
The Shadow wrote:

I was in the broadcast booth sitting next to Sutton and Grace, as he pumped in 8K's in 3 2/3 if I remember right.

It was awesome

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:23 pm 

shoewizard wrote:
IA DBACK wrote:
The Shadow wrote:

I was in the broadcast booth sitting next to Sutton and Grace, as he pumped in 8K's in 3 2/3 if I remember right.

It was awesome

Yep it started out as a blowout down 6-2 in the 3rd then Archie came in. And we actually got Byrnes up as the tying run against Valverde and lost like 6-4. I think it was 4 1/3 perfect with 7 K's just a great outing. The 1st K was Jack Cassell!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:47 am 

Miggy publicly blames his pitchers.

"It really sucked, because the stolen bases go on me. But when you really look at it, the pitcher doesn't give me any time, so yeah, 'Miggy can't throw anyone out,' but my pitchers don't hold anyone on."

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1975 ... olen-bases

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:49 am 

This and the comments about his playing time in last post season are really making him look like a douche. Not Jeremy Roenick or Schilling levels, yet, anyway...

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:33 am 

Just saw a tweet saying he was DFA'd

Rizzo also said this:

“When you point fingers you’re a selfish player, we have another catcher that throws everyone out.”

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:15 am 

This is what we at my place of employment would call a "CLM."

"An acronym commonly used in the workplace to define a 'career limiting move'."

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:27 am 

In fairness.....the manager said

Quote:
On Tuesday, Maddon also addressed reporters before Montero did, and Maddon pointed toward Arrieta, as well.

"It's about time to the plate," Maddon said. "He's a little bit slow ... It's something he works on. There are times he's quicker and better to work with. The best [antidote] is to keep the guy off the base."

Arrieta wasn't able to keep the fastest of the Nationals off base, and the Cubs paid for it, particularly their catcher.

That said, Montero has always had a problem running his mouth.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:30 am 

shoewizard wrote:
In fairness.....the manager said

Quote:
On Tuesday, Maddon also addressed reporters before Montero did, and Maddon pointed toward Arrieta, as well.

"It's about time to the plate," Maddon said. "He's a little bit slow ... It's something he works on. There are times he's quicker and better to work with. The best [antidote] is to keep the guy off the base."

Arrieta wasn't able to keep the fastest of the Nationals off base, and the Cubs paid for it, particularly their catcher.

That said, Montero has always had a problem running his mouth.

I already mentioned CS38 and JR97 ;) :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:44 am 

JoeCB91 wrote:
Just saw a tweet saying he was DFA'd

Rizzo also said this:

“When you point fingers you’re a selfish player, we have another catcher that throws everyone out.”

Ironic the man he was traded for is starting for the #dbacks today

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:39 pm 

Miguel Montero speaks about being DFA’d

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:16 pm 

Cubs will probably go on a hot streak now and everyone will say Montero was THE problem with the 2017 Cubs, which of course will be silly, although he clearly is ONE OF the problems. Thing is everyone else will now have to be all kumbaya because if they have OTHER dirty laundry to air going forward, it will only delegitimize their demonizing of Montero by DFA'ing him.

I watched the replays', half those stolen bases he couldn't even get a throw off the base was so frickin stolen, but he capped it off by throwing one into left field.....boy that sure looked familiar.

Montero has always had a habit of saying things to press he shouldn't. We've seen it. So this is no shock.
Time for him to go to the AL where he can left hand DH and part time catch. I bet he lands with an AL team soon. Watch the Red Sox here. But the cubs have a lot bigger problems than their catcher with the 112 OPS+

Schwarber got sent down, with large negative WAR and batting runs in A LOT of PA. Addison Russell and Jason Heyward both performing as below average bats before going on DL, and Javier Baez below average too.

And Arrietta and Lackey have been well below average and Hendricks too before HE went on DL.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:45 pm 

shoewizard wrote:
Cubs will probably go on a hot streak now and everyone will say Montero was THE problem with the 2017 Cubs, which of course will be silly, although he clearly is ONE OF the problems. Thing is everyone else will now have to be all kumbaya because if they have OTHER dirty laundry to air going forward, it will only delegitimize their demonizing of Montero by DFA'ing him.

I watched the replays', half those stolen bases he couldn't even get a throw off the base was so frickin stolen, but he capped it off by throwing one into left field.....boy that sure looked familiar.

Montero has always had a habit of saying things to press he shouldn't. We've seen it. So this is no shock.
Time for him to go to the AL where he can left hand DH and part time catch. I bet he lands with an AL team soon. Watch the Red Sox here. But the cubs have a lot bigger problems than their catcher with the 112 OPS+

Schwarber got sent down, with large negative WAR and batting runs in A LOT of PA. Addison Russell and Jason Heyward both performing as below average bats before going on DL, and Javier Baez below average too.

And Arrietta and Lackey have been well below average and Hendricks too before HE went on DL.

Kris Bryant out now

Seems the pressure of breaking the 108-year drought took an emotional and physical toll on the baby bears.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:54 pm 

Doesn't break my heart.

One less team to worry about if they completely fall apart.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:27 am 

Blue Jays acquired C Miguel Montero and cash considerations from the Cubs for a player to be named later or cash considerations.

Page 75 of 76 [ 1509 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next

Board index » Baseball Matters » Major League Baseball